#1 HeadShoT2009

HeadShoT2009

Feet Under The Table

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Ford Model: 2001 Ford Focus Black Edition
Posted 13 August 2009 - 03:35 PM

How can you changed the accelerator pedal on a 51 ford focus petrol, as my foot keeps slippin as the grip is starting to wear flat. also can you change the rest of the pedals with them extension thinds you can buy from momo and sparco and things

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 13 August 2009 - 08:50 PM

You can just change the grips. It's not that difficult to do. Some wd40 helps slip them back on. Only a couple of pound for each.

Not sure about the extentions but I would think they would do a universial fitment of sorts. Best to check the websites

#3 alz

alz

Serial Poster

• Budding Enthusiast
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Name: Alan
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus LX 1.8 TDCI
  • Year: 2005

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:03 AM

Yes, I agree changing the rubber grips is the cheapest way.. the accelerator pedal is one unit and and can cost up to 90 for a new one . you can take the accelerator pedal out of the car to help you size up and fit the rubber grip (its easy to take out, couple of small nuts and a plug)

#4 stef123

stef123

Ford Enthusiast

• Management
  • 5,752 posts
  • Name: Stef
  • Ford Model: Mondeo ST TDCI
  • Year: 2006
Contributor

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:07 AM

You can just change the grips. It's not that difficult to do. Some wd40 helps slip them back on. Only a couple of pound for each.

Not sure about the extentions but I would think they would do a universial fitment of sorts. Best to check the websites

i dont think it has a grip? its just part of the plastic pedal.

shouldnt be too hard to change though. according to haynes its a 1 spanner for level of difficulty lol.

remove five screws and take out the trim panel above the driver's footwell to gain access to the accelerator pedal; unclip the diagnostic plug from the panel as it is removed.

detach the accelerator cable from the pedal then unscrew the 3 nuts and the remove the pedal assembly.

refit in the reverse order.

hope this helps.

#5 gaz6076

gaz6076

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • Ford Model: Mk5 Fiesta

Posted 14 August 2009 - 11:10 AM

You can get replacment grips for it. I'm don't know if ford supply them but I've done a few in the past.

I know for a fact that transits are this way and ford do supply them

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users