Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Possible Loose Wiring With Front Dipped Lights

Marks12

Hi I am driving a 08 ford focus Zetec 1.8 TDCI and a couple of weeks ago i noticed that the passenger side dipped beam wasn't coming on but when i was driving it would come on eventually anyway i put it up to the bulb thought maybe it was on its way out.

So today I go to Halfords and buy there Xenon pack with 2 dipped headlights and 2 side lights which cost me 54euro came to a total of 68euro (was going to cost me 80euro until i handed in my 15% off ford owners club card) anyway he fitted it and i turned it on and it came on anyway as i started my car to go to work the light did not come on even when i was driving it didnt come on so i thought the worst it had blown. So i was at my car in work and turned the lights on too see and the two of them were working. Any ideas guys it sounds like loose wiring to me but has anyone else had a similar problem maybe there is an easy fix?

Hi, have a look at the lights plug, if it as been arcing it could alter the molecule structure of the metal parts in the plug, giving intermittent contact making the bulb go on/off. if it as been arcing, a replacement would be needed

Hi Alan thanks i have had a look at it today and it was not secured in place properly so i have put it in properly and has worked since then. I will have another look at it tomorrow at the actual plug bit too see. The car is hopefully going for a service next week so i will also have my mechanic take a look at it. Thanks for the advice I will follow up on it tomorrow and will give you an update when i am done.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club