Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Central Locking Problem...

steve67

Hi, my son has a 2007 fiesta, been great up til now.

just a problem with the drivers door not locking with the remote, to lock it you have to slam the door or try repeatedly with the remote.

any idea's or pointers to what the cause could be, ?

cheers

• Like 1

Hi Steve, does it spring right back unlocked as soon as you lock it? Also when the ignition is on does it say on the display DRIVER DOOR OPEN? Sometimes? If so it sounds like the door catch, the snappy bit inside the door itself. I have just - as in yesterday - had mine replaced in the passenger door! It did it for a while last year but then seemed to be OK, and as you say after a few good slams would kick in, then last week packed up completely to the point where I daren't park anywhere.

Same car 2007 fiesta.

Sam

• Like 1

Hi Sam, yeah, sounds very similar, what did it cost to replace?

The part was £115 + VAT plus the labour but my at my request my mechanic did some other bits and bobs too, haven't got the bill yet and I dare day you could shop around.

Could get a second hand part but what's the point you could have same issue!

Sam

is a replacement the only option, or could just a spray of wd40 sort it?

I did that a few times and it did seem to work, defo worth a shot, it was in the end I thought, you know what, I might have a bootfull of xmas gifts or my decorating stuff etc etc and not be able to lock it. Wd40 is magic! :-)

cheers, blasted it with wd40 and lube, got it to work 9/10 times so we'll see how we go.

well, the wd40 and lube fix didn't last long, trouble locking the drivers door again today, takes several attempts to lock either with the remote or manually..

It was worth a shot, think you're going to have to bite the bullet and get a new lock fitted! Let us know what it costs in your neck of the wood it'll be interesting

hi, before i buy a new latch, is there a central locking module on a 2007 fiesta style?

No idea myself but as it's only one lock I'm guessing it's not a central locking module issue, but I'm no expert, you need James or Clive or someone! :-)

mine packed up a few weeks back , fixed it to day but got a second hand one from a local breaker for £20 and all is o.k touch wood

• Like 1

Hi Rich, I wouldn't have the knowhow to fit that , I'd rather leave it to the experts!! :rolleyes:

mine packed up a few weeks back , fixed it to day but got a second hand one from a local breaker for £20 and all is o.k touch wood

going to have a go today with one from a breakers, how did you get the inner door panel off?

I took the window out , but it still was a ball ache too get out and cheeked the pins and one was reading for power shut and opening at the some time which it should read shut , so that was the pin that was the problem

See, way too scary for me!!! :o

i am now the door latch guru...lol

collected at 10 fitted for 12.30

yes a pain but once removed all went well, so far it works.

knowing that the window needs removing, i didn't remove it just clamped it to hold it up.

the part was £15 from scrap yard in sunny Nottingham

local dealer wanted £150 inc vat

:D

• Like 1

Well done! Huge saving! :-)

• 5 years later...

Iv just come across this problem today just stopped working drives side I did reset and at 1st did work now iv just got to lock from the out side