Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replace Washer Motor

Lippedout

Where do I find the washer motor and how do I replace.

Washers not working no sound I have checked the fuse.

It's directly to the right and slightly below the wash tank filler pipe and just pulls out, there is a filter between the pump and tank as well.

I'd syphon the water out first if possible as you'll end up with a big puddle else.-

post-28494-0-81866000-1428773964_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

steps to change washer pump on ford ka.

remove the windscreen wipers by raising the wipers and flipping up the plastic tabs that cover the brass nuts. Remove nuts and tap wipers until they release. Remember the position they are in on the screen for when you replace. Remove the 3 grommets covering 3 screws remove screws. Remove a further 2 screws in the engine bay holding the grill. Remove grill. You will now expose the bottle and pump. Press the clip holding the electrical supply block to the top of the pump and pull off. The pump just needs to be pulled or levered away from the bottle as it is simply a push fit. Put some washing up liquid around the new pump where it goes into bottle and push firmly into place you will feel it go home. Test full with water if it leaks it is not all the way home so exert more pressure to push it fully home. Reconnect electric block and test. Reverse procedure to put all back together.

hope this helps.

but is it a faulty washer pump?  is there power getting to the plug on the washer pump when you press the washer button? how do you know it's not faulty switch? 

you might be lucky and it might just be a dodgy connection on the plug on the washer pump and a clean etc might fix it. I have no idea if you can get to the connector plug without doing the dismantling described above. 

Hi,

I know it was the pump because I had my wifes old donor KA parked next to her new one. The old car washer was perfect so I tested the duff one on the old car and nothing. Works a treat now.

My answer was for Lippedout to read in case they spend money on buying new pump first and then find the old pump is fine

Either way you need to know how to get to it and the first post just shows you a picture of the bottle and pump which to be honest wasnt much help if you dont know how to access it but I will not post any more help on here and will now leave this forum which I only joined the other day with a view of being helpful.

• 1 year later...
On 2/27/2019 at 10:20 AM, Alain said:

Michael, what about the ICE models?  There's no 'handle just above the driver?'  

On 1/23/2018 at 8:09 AM, Lord morgan said:

Either way you need to know how to get to it and the first post just shows you a picture of the bottle and pump which to be honest wasnt much help if you dont know how to access it but I will not post any more help on here and will now leave this forum which I only joined the other day with a view of being helpful.

On 1/23/2018 at 8:09 AM, Lord morgan said:

I personally found your contribution very helpful it's a shame that you left the forum what's needed  are precise instructions and your post done exactly that 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club