Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Change Start Position Of Heater Dial?

t3stin

I bought replacement dials for the heater controls managed to get the first one off (fan speed) by prising with a screwdriver now the problem is that the dials can only go on one way and the new one points to 0 when it's 4 then blank plastic for the others (3,2,1,0) - can you change the start position of the plastic bit connected to the heater unit? Or do I have to put up with it pointing to the wrong number / no number?

Also I'm really struggling to get the middle dial (temperature) and end dial (where the air is pointing) off... Managed to snap a piece off but not pull them out so any tips there would be appreciated.

Thanks, tess

Can't understand what you've done the old knobs just pull off with pliers new ones fit into the same place there should be no issue with where its pointing a pic would be helpful to actually see the issue

Thats as far left and right as i can turn the dial

post-47406-0-46850200-1428918676_thumb.j

post-47406-0-37967700-1428918678_thumb.j

Maybe it's because the knobs are meant for the MK2 and later Focus?

yeah looks like you have inserted the MK2 dials into the MK1, they will probably have different connections, in the MK2 it only fits in one way

they only fit in one way as there is a star shape and one flat edge so it cant go in any other way......I take it that its not possible to adjust the start positions?

Thats as far left and right as i can turn the dial

just take the rubber bit of and glue it in the right place.or if its plastic

Or if it's plastic....? (it is plastic)

the ones ive got are rubber.can you take them of and put them in the right place ?

I assume you mean from the heater control unit, not the back of the dial? I will have a look

I assume you mean from the heater control unit, not the back of the dial? I will have a look

i mean the plastic bits on the front of the dials the black bits,can you remove them and turn them to the right position ?

Sadly you have as many have said Mk2 dials on a MK1 car and they dont line up . I searched all over a certain auction site and Google but seems they are not made for the Mk1 (Closest i found were chrome circular edging but nothing like what you now have) . I am afraid you dont have many options apart from putting the original ones back on because butchering what you have is not going to look pretty.I had a look at the ones i have and cant see an easy way out of pulling off the black part without making it look messed up . Sorry :-(

Did look on fleabay and a lot seem to list them for Focus Mk2 Cmax Mk1 so might have got confusing but i dont believe they are any available for Mk 1 .

Well thanks for all the help guys, looks like it was a waste in the end!

Easy quick fix solution....keep the dials and just buy a MK2 !!! Ok i DID NOT say it would be cheap! ;-) Sorry mate they dont do anything iot seems that will help,i thought they would do actually but seems not.Ill keep an eye out and ask about and if anything comes up will post asap.

post-32857-0-16644100-1429802469_thumb.j

this is what i was thinking you could do(pic above)mine is rubber .you could just carefully take the rubber of and reglue in the right place according to your heater settings .

You should be a brain surgeon MrMetallica,thought the rubber would rip to bits but looks like you have got the knack!

BTW...Great band name although i only liked "And Justice For All" and all albums before.Still fond memories of seeing them in 87 at Donnington not long after the great Cliff Burton had gone RIP....not the same these days sadly :-( Plus i was one of the lucky ones to see them at the 100 Club,London....in between them blowing the fuses most of the night haha.

You should be a brain surgeon MrMetallica,thought the rubber would rip to bits but looks like you have got the knack!

BTW...Great band name although i only liked "And Justice For All" and all albums before.Still fond memories of seeing them in 87 at Donnington not long after the great Cliff Burton had gone RIP....not the same these days sadly :-( Plus i was one of the lucky ones to see them at the 100 Club,London....in between them blowing the fuses most of the night haha.

i am a brain surgeon by day lol. ive seen Metallica 3 times twice at earls court and wembly i still listen to them loved the film through the never the stage set was unbelievable .mine are just coming of their not stuck on to well .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club