Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2012 Focus Estate 1.6Tcdi Titanium X - Engine Malfunction Warning Light 'on'

bladds

Hi,

My engine malfunction warning light has illuminated. I have a lack of power, on acceleration and at around 70mph. I assume that the car has reverted to 'Limp Home' mode.

Mileage 34k, serviced in Nov 2014

What could be the cause of this - i have read about DLP issues, sensor issues and the like. Also some forums have put the issue down to fuel additives used by major supermarkets.

Any advice would be great, and would enable me to go to the garage with some of the issues that may have caused it, so that i do not get fobbed off by the dealers with an expensive repair.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Could be any of the things you mention, let the dealer check it out, there will be trouble codes stored to narrow down the problem, you know anyone with a code reader who could see what codes are before taking it to garage?

Ian,

Unfortunately not, do you know how long is the car able to be driven if it is in limp mode?

Idea of limp mode is to limp to garage, as you don't know what's causing it , then not too far. Could be something as simple as a blocked fuel filter reducing fuel pressure under load. Does it drive OK when taking it easy , (not full throttle)

My 13 reg 1.6tdci did the same thing.Evans halshaw changed the fuel filter because it was blocked. (Car only serviced month before.) Car only lasted 6 hours and it was coming home on back of recovery truck.Next day it was under tow back to Evans halshaw where they replaced the fuel filter assembly but it still would not start and run so they checked the filter again which was blocked again.So Evans halshaw conacted ford on where to go next.Ford said it must be the in tank filter thats blocked so they checked it and it was blocked with small filings and the pump was also broke.So because Ford or Evans halshaw could prove if fuel contamination had blocked the filter then broke the pump or the pump broke and thats where the filings had come from Ford told Evans halshaw to replace the lot to be on the safe side.New pump, filter, tank, pipe from side of car to tank and another new filter in engine bay.Ford picked up the bill of over £1000.

• Like 1

My 13 reg 1.6tdci did the same thing.Evans halshaw changed the fuel filter because it was blocked. (Car only serviced month before.) Car only lasted 6 hours and it was coming home on back of recovery truck.Next day it was under tow back to Evans halshaw where they replaced the fuel filter assembly but it still would not start and run so they checked the filter again which was blocked again.So Evans halshaw conacted ford on where to go next.Ford said it must be the in tank filter thats blocked so they checked it and it was blocked with small filings and the pump was also broke.So because Ford or Evans halshaw could prove if fuel contamination had blocked the filter then broke the pump or the pump broke and thats where the filings had come from Ford told Evans halshaw to replace the lot to be on the safe side.New pump, filter, tank, pipe from side of car to tank and another new filter in engine bay.Ford picked up the bill of over £1000.

yours is not the only one.

Crappy diesels lol

You need to get it to the dealer as it will still be under warranty?