Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Update

C_Paterson

DPF UPDATE - so earlier last week I had to replace my DPF and was in 2 minds whether to replace it or delete it how ever cause the car got the towed to he garage and he convinced me to to replace it so I payed the bill for it how ever my engine management light come back on I was raging took the car back to the garage and they thought maybe it never regenerated properly so they done another regeneration on the diagnostics free of charge, how ever my engine management light come back on so he done further investigation leading to that I needed a new DPF pressure sensor which cost me a further £180 as it was from ford, and guess what my light has come back on and it keeps shooting out random codes relating to DPF is there anybody on here that has had this problem before or can help?

Further information: not sure if this will be related

I have a leaking injector and an oil leak in the rocker cover gasket

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

At some point Ford introduced cdpf filters which are maintenance free up to 200,000km allegedly.

Dpf filters are a nightmare when they play up. It's these especially thats why I keep with petrol over the years. I would of thought a new one would of cured the issue first hand I haven't heard much about these new versions from Ford that are maintenance free to 200,000 if they worked they sound like a better job.

• Like 2

probably the sensor that was wrong in the first place, crap garage if they cant diagnose correctly, and if new dpf was fitted then it wouldnt need regen. qualified monkeys , not mechanics.

have they reset the sensor learn values and dpf learnt values?

What code is actually throwing the engine light? That is the first thing that needs checking

He's not gave me the codes as he's erased them how ever it keeps coming up with low pressure codes, and he's physical and electronically checked it and manually checked it and he can't see a fault what so ever, he reckons an ECU software update is needed? I've had a full DPF replaced and a DPF pressure sensor replaced costing a lot of money now am skint and still having bother!! And it's annoying as I travel about 65miles a day to get to work and back so I totally rely on my car

But have they reset learnt values in the pcm?

Well they shouldn't have regenerated a brand new DPF for a start...it even says on them not to. It'd be like boiling your kettle with no water in it...

But regardless of that, DPF's are an easy system really. A temp sensor (or 2 if its late 2009 on), 2 pressure pipes and a pressure sensor, and the DPF itself. It can only be one of these things at fault.

So, they need to tell the PCM that the DPF has been changed - hopefully they've done that. The PCM is the 'power control module' btw, it's what everyone else calls an engine ECU haha.

Next check the pipes - hopefully the new sensor came with new pipes? And hopefully they used them rather just re-using the old (potentially blocked/damaged) pipes.

If they've done the above, there should be no reason for a low pressure code.

Also, what age is your car? If it's an Eolys one (up to 2009) it may have run out of fluid.

as tom said, the pcm needs to know its a new dpf, it also needs to know that a new sensor is fitted, another thing is have they put pipes on the dpf right way round, quite a few variables without knowing what they have tried, done , etc

where in uk are you?

He checked the 2 pipes and they were fine they weren't damaged or blocked so I got the pressure sensor without the pipes/hoses, if I remember correct am sure the told or done the whole ECU thing as for the fluid I've never heard that? What fluid might you be talking about?

Ah, too far for me to have a look for you. Ha ha

I've just asked the guy at the garage if he told the ECU about the new DPF and he said yes and i asked if he ten told the ECU about the new sensor and he said yes and as for the fluid he said that wouldn't cause the low pressure code to come on

im wonderinhg if you have a wiring issue going on, know there are issues with wiring harness in engine bay, but your age of car seems to new for that issue, im looking to see if anything else can cause dtc, will let you know if i can find anything out.

im guessing its p244a dtc.

Yea how ever when I do the manual test using the menu stick on the wheel it says on the dashboard DTC 0 (nil) but on the diagnostic machine it's coming back low pressure,

Like I've stated before I do have diesel leaking from injectors 3 or and 4 and a oil leak from the rocker cover gasket not sure if there's any connection

Sure its not a low fuel rail pressure, caused by the leaky injectors?

Ah, shouldn't the pressure differential be very low if its a new DPF? pressure before and after difference gets LARGER the more blocked the DPF is

I honestly couldn't tell you how a DPF works this is my first diesel all I know is that it's causing this engine management light to appear none stop and it's cost me a fortune, such an inconvenience

you can have pressure to low, with dtc p244a, there is a pressure difference on a new dpf, and it needs to see that slight difference, or it thinks the pipes are off/split,

Yes, a low differential would suggest a leak or they just hacked out the insides of the old DPF

Do you have an ELM327 and Forscan, so you can actually go and see what the pressures are and clear the code yourself

• Like 1

ive never been defeated on dpf issues, but this is a strange one,