Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dpf Update

C_Paterson

remember low signal doesnt actually mean its low pressure, the pressure value is defined by the voltage, a low signal maybe its not working not plugged in or loose, what you need to do is see what that value actually is and more importantly, see how it changes

Just had the car in at FORD for 3 hours and even they can't find the fault that's causing me low pressure problem!! Unreal they say I might need a new ECU, and my injectors are that bad with carbon the technician is 99% sure the injectors will seize up resulting in the head coming off and all that which will cost me about £2100 if I allowed FORD to do the work

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Should the fluid tank be under the rear by drivers side axle or there about? Could be wrong tho....

Ur injector leakage should of been priority first then the dpf dependant on oil leak

The problem with injector leakage is that its allowing carbon into the oil...this will eventually cause turbo issues. Also doesn't sound good if even Ford cant determine the problem with the DPF, and I'm out of ideas as well. Tbh I think I'd cut my losses and sell it on if it was mine.

It also knackers the big ends, due to fuel not being that good a lube (that's how my landy died)

I think this is shocking from a car thats only 5 years old, I think Ford should part pay your bill as surely this is a problem inherited from the factory. This isn't general wear and tear. How many miles on the clock does your car have? Mine has done 145k and the only major things that have gone wrong are one of the injectors failing (£500) and clutch and dmf replaced (£700).

Warranty was only 3 years on these I think... Manufacturers don't care what happens to the engine after that!! Though Ford will still replace your badges for free for 10 years if they get worn. :lol:

The DPF never was or will be part of warranty, it's designed to clog and fail eventually. The injectors should be checked and re-torqued at each service to avoid them becoming loose, and if they have become loose, catch them quick enough to rectify without further consequences. Ford won't be interested in the problems here at all.

• 3 years later...
On 4/18/2015 at 4:53 AM, C_Paterson said:

Just had the car in at FORD for 3 hours and even they can't find the fault that's causing me low pressure problem!! Unreal they say I might need a new ECU, and my injectors are that bad with carbon the technician is 99% sure the injectors will seize up resulting in the head coming off and all that which will cost me about £2100 if I allowed FORD to do the work

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Did this ever get figured out? Why don't people finish the posts they start so they can help others.

Its a little annoying when that happens, I try and make a point of posting an update at the end of my posts to let others know whats what and the outcome

But Just to bring balance to the force for a moment, Resurrecting posts from over 3 years ago can get people a little annoyed as well 😉

Theres even a term for it, Necro-Bump! 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club