Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Fiesta's due to arrive at the garage tomorrow...woo hoo!!!

Bashy

Had the phone call I've been dreaming about today. The dealer telling me the Fiesta is due to arrive to him tomoz. Obviously, I'm gonna wait unitl 1st Sept so I can get a 59 plate. But I wasn't expecting it at all. Was due mid to late September. I'm a trainee driving instructor and have bought this car for that purpose, so it's even more exciting...I can start work...yipeee!!!

The only bummer is I've got to drive the old Focus for the scrappage deal 200 miles to Manchester to collect, but will be enjoying the drive home ;-)

FYI I ordered the car June 18th.

Cheers

Nice, give us more info!!

Colour, engine size etc ;)

No probs...Zetec 5 Door 1.6TDCi in Squeeze. The only extra I got was the paint and the full size spare. Any other extra's would be wasted really as it's gonna be my driving instuctor car and not gonna be respected by the little tikes I'll be teaching. Just wanted the Air con ;-) Don't know how long the alloys will last though :P Just gotta get the dual controls intalled when I get it, and I'm on the road.

1 question. I obviously have to drive the car home 200 miles...Do I need to take it easy and run the engine in? not go through the gears too quick, or keep to 60 on the M.way?

This will be my first brand new car.

Cheers

It's a good idea to limit your revs for the first 1000 miles and try and use as wide a range of gears as possible. Change up as soon as possible.

I tried to keep my revs down around 2000rpm for my first 1000 miles. Now I'm at 1500 miles I'm still keeping it lowish (2000-3000) these new engines apparently take around 10,000 miles to properly bed in.

Just a quick note: Reverse gear is a little tricky to find sometimes, mine sometimes needs an extra nudge and I can feel it slot back again but other times it'll go straight in. Might be worth noting if it's going to have learners in, especially for turns in the road and other manoeuvres.

I was told there is no need to run new cars in nowadays but obviously don't thrash it :P

Your learners will be lucky to have such a nice car, I passed nearly 3 years ago and love it, lots of driving schools round me have them.

Reverse gear can be tricky but that is the same on all fiestas, I passed my test in a mk5 it just takes getting used too.

Thanks everyone for your advice. Will try not to gun it on the way home (though I will be tempted :-))

I'm pretty sure the standard "first drive" method on the motorway is to see how fast the car can actually go.

So you can hit over 100mph and go "Woah, it hits over 100mph!".

I'm pretty sure this is in the Highway Code.

I'm pretty sure the standard "first drive" method on the motorway is to see how fast the car can actually go.

So you can hit over 100mph and go "Woah, it hits over 100mph!".

I'm pretty sure this is in the Highway Code.

Not sure the DSA would approve of that :P Gotta watch for those points :rolleyes:

Not fair - I ordered mine almost 3 weeks before you and it is not even going to be built until Tuesday!

Sorry Paul ;) But look at the extra's you've got...wow, I'm jealous.

Hope you get the call soon.

Awww thanks - makes the wait seem more berable when I know that people who already have theirs are jealous of what I am getting

Anyway, WHERE'S THE PICS THEN???

I'm afraid Pic's will have to wait. I'm hopefully collecting the car on 1st September (so I can get the 59 plate), so I'm sitting being patient...waiting.

I'll upload some pics when I collect, but it's only a bog standard version...not like yours will be :D

I'm afraid Pic's will have to wait. I'm hopefully collecting the car on 1st September (so I can get the 59 plate), so I'm sitting being patient...waiting.

I'll upload some pics when I collect, but it's only a bog standard version...not like yours will be :D

You mean you did not spend all weekend with your nose pushed up against the dealers window like a kid outside a sweetie shop - as soon as mine is at the dealers I will be down there taking a few pre-delivery pictures . . .

You mean you did not spend all weekend with your nose pushed up against the dealers window like a kid outside a sweetie shop - as soon as mine is at the dealers I will be down there taking a few pre-delivery pictures . . .

Would love to Paul, but the dealer I got my car from is just outside of Manchester...and I'm in Essex. 200 Miles away. Bought it online for a better deal. So, alas, no sneaky peak for me :(

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club