Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HEGO Sensor??

LottieKA86

Hi guys!

I've got an 03 street ka and its just been in the garage and i've forked out £850 for a new computer - which i needed because i was getting various warning lights showing unnecessarily on the dash (ABS & battery warning lights) my speedo wasnt working either..........BUT i've now been told since the computer has been replaced that i need to spend another £200 on a HEGO sensor.............is this important? how long can i go without it not working?? I have an engine warning on the dash now!! HELP!!

I'm probably being really blonde - but any info would be much appreciated!!

the 'hego' sensor is just a lambda sensor. it sounds to me like the garage is just trying to be smart to make them look great.

Thats great thank you - its a ford dealer that quoted me that price. Is it easy to fit? I wont be doing it, i'll give that job to my other half :o)

Its just screwed into the exhaust with a wire to unplug. They can be really seized in there though so get plenty of wd40 on it and take your time taking it out.

If it breaks you will need to drill the rest of it out or worst case get a new part of the exhaust. Ford have probably quoted you for the new exhaust because they cant be bothered with taking the old one out.

• 3 years later...

Its just screwed into the exhaust with a wire to unplug. They can be really seized in there though so get plenty of wd40 on it and take your time taking it out.

If it breaks you will need to drill the rest of it out or worst case get a new part of the exhaust. Ford have probably quoted you for the new exhaust because they cant be bothered with taking the old one out.

Tell me about it! My local Ford dealer has just managed to round the flats off mine, leaving me with a weekends work sorting out their workmanship...nice!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club