Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So I Just Managed This (Mpg)

Hazzadew

I have a 14 plate fiesta zetec s (125) and normally I average 40-42 mpg driving to work each day.

I drove to work today and without really meaning to managed 52.7 mpg over the 20 mile journey! It's 17 mile on the M4 and the rest on A roads.

I didn't drive that differently today, but there was traffic limiting the M4 to 60mph.. Crazy how much difference some traffic makes! I have never seen above 48mpg in this car before!

post-63627-14290811897_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

ecoboost is much more efficient in warmer weather i have achieved 51 mpg average since last fill up all town driving speed average 17mph

I have a 14 plate fiesta zetec s (125) and normally I average 40-42 mpg driving to work each day.

I drove to work today and without really meaning to managed 52.7 mpg over the 20 mile journey! It's 17 mile on the M4 and the rest on A roads.

I didn't drive that differently today, but there was traffic limiting the M4 to 60mph.. Crazy how much difference some traffic makes! I have never seen above 48mpg in this car before!

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1429081187.823375.jpg

Oooh Zetec S....

I've got to admit, I'm a bit jealous of all you folk with Zetec S's and ST's... some of them just look gawwwjuuss... and it's what I've always wanted, still, my car was bought by my parents on my behalf which they needed to get a loan from (I'm repaying it every month), I should be grateful for that!

I wish I got that MPG, my average is about 47 MPG and the highest i've got for any worthwhile period is about 50MPG at most, when my car can get up to about 70ish.

Mines gone up 5mpg from the warmer weather alone

I drive from Denmark to Hungary (parents in law there) a few times a year, mostly highway driving, i am also noticing a big difference in mpg from summer to winter , winter / summer tiers matter too.

Hmm... mine is consistently bouncing between 35 and 37 :/ I can't be driving slow enough :( :P

Oooh Zetec S....

I've got to admit, I'm a bit jealous of all you folk with Zetec S's and ST's... some of them just look gawwwjuuss...

You don't need a Zetec S or ST to look good. Titaniums look good too ;)

20140202_103537_zpsyongokh_edit_13913385

20140202_103708_zpsta2egpr_edit_13913384

• Like 6

You don't need a Zetec S or ST to look good. Titaniums look good too ;)

20140202_103537_zpsyongokh_edit_13913385

20140202_103708_zpsta2egpr_edit_13913384

*with grill changed and dress up kit

Don't want people buying a titanium and thinking it looks like that ;)

• Like 2

Surely once the engine has warmed up COLDER air is better for MPG since its more dense? Better for the intercooler/turbo/engine in generalto breathe more air..

I think the major factor of your awesome MPG was probably reducing your speed.

My old diesel Focus got a few insanely huge MPGs when I was going to Scarborough every weekend.. Tank it on the M62.. Then it was 50mph A-roads past York and up to Scarborough. A boring drive really, but the fuel gauge needle barely moved once I got off the '62.

My titanium is smart without extra kit. It has 5 doors and ample kit too, which suits me.

Just filled up yesterday and the trip showed 60mpg, however it will drop back to around 47ish, although ia few months back I filled up at a Shell garage and I had the mpg up to 66,bbut I was on a road with a 50mph limit stuck behind a wagon doing 40, mines only a 1ol zetec ( 2013) and yes the mpg always suffers in winter

I think it was a lot to do with the speed, after driving home and to work and back today my average mpg has dropped to 42.7!

Surely once the engine has warmed up COLDER air is better for MPG since its more dense? Better for the intercooler/turbo/engine in generalto breathe more air..

I think the major factor of your awesome MPG was probably reducing your speed.

My old diesel Focus got a few insanely huge MPGs when I was going to Scarborough every weekend.. Tank it on the M62.. Then it was 50mph A-roads past York and up to Scarborough. A boring drive really, but the fuel gauge needle barely moved once I got off the '62.

+1

Managed this in the ST over a tank of petrol (most of it was motorway journeys)

post-51542-142935082212_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My best range so far including a trip to high Wycombe and back :) post-56845-143047329976_thumb.jpg

Managed this in the ST over a tank of petrol (most of it was motorway journeys)

That's around what my average tends to be as well, maybe a bit more. I saw over 50 on a long journey once, so even the 1.6 ecoboost can be very efficient under the right conditions.

I got 36 out of my last tank, but I can't resist flying away from traffic lights! My average is about 37-39 mpg.

How did you manage that dave!? My best range was about 430 in my ZS.

I got 36 out of my last tank, but I can't resist flying away from traffic lights! My average is about 37-39 mpg.

My average from working it out at each fill up is around 36, and I'm the same, any bit of clear road and I floor it :)

How did you manage that dave!? My best range was about 430 in my ZS.

It was just cruising at around 65 on M6 and then it dropped a lot when back on drive to work mate

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club