Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help 1.8Tdci Egr Valve

greim

I had to remove the wipers and scuttle panels in order to access the EGR Valve bolts. Was a bit of a pain but worth it.

Don't need to remove owt

Does the egr delete plate just slip in when loosen of bolts enough to get in

are these bolts that need loosening as pointed out just wana be 100%

post-64513-0-92413200-1429395958_thumb.j

Not there.

If you look to the back of the picture just above the red ring there is a corrugated pipe.

The plate goes in between the egr body and that pipe making sure the metal gasket between the pipe and egr is left on the pipe side of the blanking plate.

Some people Carnt read Wats already been stated clive

I have a 2002 1.8 tdci (115bhp). I was really sceptical about blanking off the EGR valve, then I thought I'd just give it a go, I can always take it off again. 2 years on and I've never looked back, as soon as I fitted it I had a better throttle response from my car and now I'm seeing massive improvements in fuel economy. That said, mine is a 2002, I don't know what tweaks they'e made to the 1.8 tdci lump since mine was built, but I could see it having the same results. I'm just not sure if it will bring up any fault codes (which mine didn't), as you have a newer car than mine.

• Like 2

Should not bring no codes. They are prone to the 2ltr tdci

I have a 2002 1.8 tdci (115bhp). I was really sceptical about blanking off the EGR valve, then I thought I'd just give it a go, I can always take it off again. 2 years on and I've never looked back, as soon as I fitted it I had a better throttle response from my car and now I'm seeing massive improvements in fuel economy. That said, mine is a 2002, I don't know what tweaks they'e made to the 1.8 tdci lump since mine was built, but I could see it having the same results. I'm just not sure if it will bring up any fault codes (which mine didn't), as you have a newer car than mine.

Hi Paul,

Was just wondering, did you slip the blanking plate in at the turbo side of the pipe or the EGR side? It probably won't make a difference and I'm just being too cautious, but I thought I'd ask a fellow MK1 Focus owner who's done this before. Cheers. :P

Not there.

If you look to the back of the picture just above the red ring there is a corrugated pipe.

The plate goes in between the egr body and that pipe making sure the metal gasket between the pipe and egr is left on the pipe side of the blanking plate.

cheers wasnt too sure as its hid out of way,new to ford cars so lot to learn

• Like 1

well just finished fitting blacking plate,what a pain in !Removed!,loosen bolts of and struggle to get in and notice there is a thin plate in with hole in middle had to remove that, hopefully not for wrong reason. had to cut bit of one side of where it slot throu bolt but its sticking out one side about 4mm hopefully does job. took for spin and seems ok but need proper run out i imagine to get better idication its better

Sounds like it's been previously incorrectly blanked - '' thin plate with a hole in the middle '' !

Sounds like it's been previously incorrectly blanked - '' thin plate with a hole in the middle '' !

yer maybe mate whole point of the plate is to block the hole not have something with hole in middle lol

unless it wasn't stainless and it blew the hole thro? well unless its machined lmao

been reading up and its just the gasket which is replaced with plate

good mod then for the pence it cost? you happy with what the out come is?

cant go wrong for £3 it cost, need proper run out as only drove few seconds up road and back

Hi Paul,

Was just wondering, did you slip the blanking plate in at the turbo side of the pipe or the EGR side? It probably won't make a difference and I'm just being too cautious, but I thought I'd ask a fellow MK1 Focus owner who's done this before. Cheers. :P

Hi mate, I put it at the EGR end, mainly cos it's a lot simpler to get to. Whilst I had the pipe off that goes to the EGR valve though I gave it a really good clean. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how clogged up this got. The pipe was roughly around an inch in diameter and the wall of soot deposited in that pipe reduced the diameter to about a quarter of an inch. best mod I've done on my car since I bought it back in 2010 (though I haven't really done much to it :D.

• Like 1

nice one ajzetecs for doing that. I'm sure you'll be happy with it and hopefully you might see the results. Just out of curiosity did you get any error codes?

Hi mate, I put it at the EGR end, mainly cos it's a lot simpler to get to. Whilst I had the pipe off that goes to the EGR valve though I gave it a really good clean. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how clogged up this got. The pipe was roughly around an inch in diameter and the wall of soot deposited in that pipe reduced the diameter to about a quarter of an inch. best mod I've done on my car since I bought it back in 2010 (though I haven't really done much to it :D.

Thanks mate, bought a blanking plate and planning on installing it tomorrow at lunch time! :D Might take off the pipe in the future and give it a good clean myself, but the blanking plate alone should do the trick.

No codes mate all good,gona take plastic of and refit coz not properly in flush with the part because no room but seem good so far

Fitted my blanking plate earlier today during my lunch break. The only time I've driven it since has been the ten minute journey home. I can't say that I've noticed any differences from before it was fitted. My car doesn't seem to have any black smoke or soot coming out of the exhaust anymore, which is a plus. :D

only benefit i am getting is it doesnt seem like it wants to stall when pulling of as was just dying a lot in 1st

Yes that is what i noticed too, i remember stalling alot before the egr blank <_< it also made the car feel better on low revs