• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 tangotwo

tangotwo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Ford Model: Fiesta Zetec 1.25 5 Door

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:03 PM

According to the handbook there are three types of keys, Remote Control with flip blade, Remote Control with fixed blade and a basic key with fixed blade. My 1.25 Zetec, which was dealer stock, came with a Remote Fixed Blade Key and a basic non-remote Key. Are uncut remote flip blade keys only available as an accessory?

I understand these new keys have carbon chips, which my dealer tells me only they can programme - for around 180 :blink: . However AUTOKEYS advertise a cutting and programming service which includes carbon chip keys. Has anyone had experience of Autokeys?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 MichellefromEssex

MichellefromEssex

Too much time on the boards

• PipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • Ford Model: Zetec S Mountune
Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:29 PM

Mine came with two flip remote control keys.

#3 coli

coli

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Ford Model: suzuki
  • Year: 2011

Posted 16 August 2009 - 01:30 PM

According to the handbook there are three types of keys, Remote Control with flip blade, Remote Control with fixed blade and a basic key with fixed blade. My 1.25 Zetec, which was dealer stock, came with a Remote Fixed Blade Key and a basic non-remote Key. Are uncut remote flip blade keys only available as an accessory?

I understand these new keys have carbon chips, which my dealer tells me only they can programme - for around 180 :blink: . However AUTOKEYS advertise a cutting and programming service which includes carbon chip keys. Has anyone had experience of Autokeys?

if they have the same equipment i have(advanced diagnostics) as far as i know the software is,nt ready yet as for the flip key i think its only for top of the range models from fords although it can be added in your case but i think you may have to go to a dealer at the moment,colin

#4 tangotwo

tangotwo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 02:09 PM

if they have the same equipment i have(advanced diagnostics) as far as i know the software is,nt ready yet as for the flip key i think its only for top of the range models from fords although it can be added in your case but i think you may have to go to a dealer at the moment,colin

Thanks colin, I will wait until a cheaper option comes along. There is blank key and remote fob on eBay for 75 and the dealer wants 84 to cut and programme it. A new cut and programmed key from the dealer will cost 165, so providing my own key and remote fob is not worth the aggro as it would only save around 1.50.

#5 tangotwo

tangotwo

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 11:03 AM

Autokeys produced a new remote key in 15 minutes - it cost 125 compared to the dealer's two hour estimate and 165 price tag.

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users