Ford Owners Club - Ford Forums Messages

Club Announcements

Ford Fair 2016: Tickets and stand passes are now available to purchase. More info here.

Review your Ford: Help others when it comes to buying a car like yours and review your Ford now

AdBlock Warning

Parts of this website do not function properly with AdBlock enabled on your device. To get the best user experience on our website, please disable Adblock for this website (domain) on your browser.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tangotwo

Mk 7 Fiesta keys

5 posts in this topic

According to the handbook there are three types of keys, Remote Control with flip blade, Remote Control with fixed blade and a basic key with fixed blade. My 1.25 Zetec, which was dealer stock, came with a Remote Fixed Blade Key and a basic non-remote Key. Are uncut remote flip blade keys only available as an accessory?

I understand these new keys have carbon chips, which my dealer tells me only they can programme - for around £180 :blink: . However AUTOKEYS advertise a cutting and programming service which includes carbon chip keys. Has anyone had experience of Autokeys?

According to the handbook there are three types of keys, Remote Control with flip blade, Remote Control with fixed blade and a basic key with fixed blade. My 1.25 Zetec, which was dealer stock, came with a Remote Fixed Blade Key and a basic non-remote Key. Are uncut remote flip blade keys only available as an accessory?

I understand these new keys have carbon chips, which my dealer tells me only they can programme - for around £180 :blink: . However AUTOKEYS advertise a cutting and programming service which includes carbon chip keys. Has anyone had experience of Autokeys?

if they have the same equipment i have(advanced diagnostics) as far as i know the software is,nt ready yet as for the flip key i think its only for top of the range models from fords although it can be added in your case but i think you may have to go to a dealer at the moment,colin

if they have the same equipment i have(advanced diagnostics) as far as i know the software is,nt ready yet as for the flip key i think its only for top of the range models from fords although it can be added in your case but i think you may have to go to a dealer at the moment,colin

Thanks colin, I will wait until a cheaper option comes along. There is blank key and remote fob on eBay for £75 and the dealer wants £84 to cut and programme it. A new cut and programmed key from the dealer will cost £165, so providing my own key and remote fob is not worth the aggro as it would only save around £1.50.

Autokeys produced a new remote key in 15 minutes - it cost £125 compared to the dealer's two hour estimate and £165 price tag.