Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats Anti-Stall

MattJakeT

Leave the ESP on, if the lights not flashing and you can't hear the pump then its not that.

My corsa used to judder before stalling, my focus will stall quite suddenly if you don't have enough revs.

• Like 1

Ok, ive not noticed the ESP light come on at all when it does it. Seems to be when im pulling away mostly, although i was going down the A34 the other day and i could feel it wanting to reign in the power as i was doing 60! What year is your focus?

Ok, ive not noticed the ESP light come on at all when it does it. Seems to be when im pulling away mostly, although i was going down the A34 the other day and i could feel it wanting to reign in the power as i was doing 60! What year is your focus?

Need to practise pulling away.. Perhaps you're still in VW mode..

If the cars loosing power, when was it last serviced? Fuel filter included..

So the last service was back in Feb of this year. I bought the car in September, and yeah the mk3 golf gti is abit of a lazyboy car in comparison to this lil zesty fiesta. Possibly a change in fuel make a difference?

• Like 1

Realised the Mondeo does this also. I had noticed it ages ago, but never really clicked as to it being specific to stall prevention! certainly helps in crawling traffic!

I still think there's something more to it than just keeping the revs up lol. In the Fiesta if you are slowing down coming up to some traffic, the revs will suddenly drop around 100-200 rpm when you get to around 1k rpm, and there isn't the sudden deceleration that you would expect. I'll try and remember to test this properly and see what happens if I don't press the clutch in when it does this.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club