Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Parking Sesnors

chris4414

I have got a MK7 fiesta which has not currently got parking sensors. When i had a mk7 fiesta courtesy car the it had rear parking sensors on and i really liked them.

So i was thinking about getting some and just a few questions?

Can you purhcase them afterwards and from where?

If from Ford how much do they cost, and how much is fitting also?

Can you purhcase a kit and install them yourself, and if so how easy is it?

Thanks

Not sure on the price but the dealer fit ones are colour coded whereas the factory fit are grey/black so you are better off getting them fitted after delivery anyway!

there are plenty of sites offering colour coded aftermarket sensors. fitting is not to bad if your handy and brave enough to drill the holes for the sensors. ford use the x vision system which is cheaper if you buy direct from a company. on my mondy ford try to charge me £299 for supply and fitting a colour coded system which i declined.

Not sure on the price but the dealer fit ones are colour coded whereas the factory fit are grey/black so you are better off getting them fitted after delivery anyway!

I have already got the car anyway, so i will get them fitted at the dealer then.

Anyone know how much they will charge then or how easy it is to do yourself?

I have got a MK7 fiesta which has not currently got parking sensors. When i had a mk7 fiesta courtesy car the it had rear parking sensors on and i really liked them.

So i was thinking about getting some and just a few questions?

Can you purhcase them afterwards and from where?

If from Ford how much do they cost, and how much is fitting also?

Can you purhcase a kit and install them yourself, and if so how easy is it?

Thanks

Lifestyle Ford in Horsham charged £329, which is a bit steep as a 4 sensor kits only costs about £60. Colour coding and fitting will add about £150.

Have a look at http://www.parkitright.com/fittingservice.html

I quite fancy parking sensors for my MK6. Might have to ask my local dealer how much they are to fit :D

Thanks for your advice everyone.

I have done some research and everyone seems to reccomend the dolphin ones for £49.99 so i am going to get those.

I had a look at the rear bumper as well and behind all the fittigns are already in place to hold them.

The fiesta is a tiny car, so parking sensors are a waste of time on such a small car which is easy to park!

The fiesta is a tiny car, so parking sensors are a waste of time on such a small car which is easy to park!

To be honest i think it is one of those thing which if you ahev not tried before you would think is a waste of time and these were my thoughts before. But when we tried them they were really handy when parking in tight space or objects such as pillars behind you which you can not see in any of your mirrors. And for £49.99 its worth it which could save an accidental prang into a pillar which was in a blind spot.

The dealers will fit colour coded ones for £200. Get them. They are worth it.

You think this until someone puts a bin in your drive just around the corner where you can't see it, or theres a really high kerb, or an invisible post in a car park, or a cat having a lay down in front of your house!

The bin one got me about 6 months ago :P also the rear visibility in the new fiesta is pretty terrible if we're being completely honest with ourselves.

Unless you are used to parking a Smart and then the Fiesta is HUGE!

You think this until someone puts a bin in your drive just around the corner where you can't see it, or theres a really high kerb, or an invisible post in a car park, or a cat having a lay down in front of your house!

The bin one got me about 6 months ago :P also the rear visibility in the new fiesta is pretty terrible if we're being completely honest with ourselves.

Do cats cause much damage to the bodywork then??? ;)

Do cats cause much damage to the bodywork then??? ;)

Well that all depends on who owns the cat, how much they love it, and if they have access to a baseball bat :P

Well that all depends on who owns the cat, how much they love it, and if they have access to a baseball bat :P

My cats wouldn't be too impressed with any one who hit them but I know what you mean.

This is the first car I've had with parking sensors and, to be fair, they are very handy.

You don't have to twist round at any awkward angles when reversing; just look in the mirror and listen to the beeps....simples! ;)

Got my new Fiesta coming on Wednesday. Initially I wasn't fussed about parking sensors since the car is quite small so it wouldn't be difficult to park it. But my dad insisted since he depends on it on his car and they knocked off £200 (it costs £300 to fit them in unless they are factory fitted). Wasn't too bothered, but now after reading these replies I'm glad I got them fitted.

My cats wouldn't be too impressed with any one who hit them but I know what you mean.

This is the first car I've had with parking sensors and, to be fair, they are very handy.

You don't have to twist round at any awkward angles when reversing; just look in the mirror and listen to the beeps....simples! ;)

I could really do with parking sensors, I am cr@p at parking. Thing is I could reverse park no prob when I sat my driving test, now I can't do it.

I could really do with parking sensors, I am cr@p at parking. Thing is I could reverse park no prob when I sat my driving test, now I can't do it.

Reverse bay parking is the bane of my existence! Apparently I had the only instructor in the WORLD who didn't teach it to me...

Reverse bay parking is the bane of my existence! Apparently I had the only instructor in the WORLD who didn't teach it to me...

Just to let you all know i have ordered them from dolhin parking sensors. Great service they came next day in the post and at £54.99 they are a good price and also one the Auto Express award.

Now i have just got to fit them hopefully it wont be to bad as they supplied the correct drill piece in the box as well. The mounting points to put them in are already in the bumpers of the MK7 so if drilled corrrect it should be ok asthe clips for the wries are also on the bumper as well.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club