Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Charger Point Not Working...

AmiZaKi

Hi, i am a new driver and my first car ford focus 55 model. Using this car for 6 months...from yesterday morning, i suddenly found my car charger point is not working. I was using that point regularly to listening fm transmitor mp3 player... First i thought that transmiter dead... But today after checking with iPhone charger and sat nav... Found, there is no connection at all on that point... I am worried as this is first time i faced this kind of problem...

Do you have any idea what kind of problem it can be ??? If its bettery problem there should be battery sign on the display... Isn't it ??? Nothing found....

Please if you know what might be the reason of this kind of problem.... Please let me know....

Thanks in Advance....

Zak

Blown fuse ?

• Like 1

I'm assuming you mean the cigarette charger socket? Have you tried the fuse? It's simple to replace, if it's like the fiesta the fuse box is in the glove compartment, I presume it's the same, you have to squeeze the sides a little to open it fully - empty the glove compartment first though or the contents end up all over the floor!! - there should be a map of fuses, what amps and exactly where it goes. There may be more than one 12v charger point looks like a cigarette lighter symbol on the map

Hope it works, good luck :rolleyes:

The mk2 Focus fusebox is inder the glovebox.

Twist the two tabs and the board drops down.

Pull the board towards you so the rear tabs drop into slots then the board will hinge down through 90 degrees for easier access to the fuses.

You want to check fuse 39 which is a pale yellow (20 amp).

Thanks... Yea cigarette charger socket.... Ok, i will check fuse box tomorrow.... If that fuse problem... From where i can buy the fuse & is it 12v ???

Just about any car place and most local petrol stations too

All the fuses are 12v.

For the footwell board you need 'Mini' Blade Fuses

• 4 years later...

Hi hope someone can help me..

My 12v sockets don't work but tried 3 fuses please help l

Original post is from 2015. Can you please create own thread with full details.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club