Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Boot Opening Kit Anyone?

Paramanic

Hey James, is that postcode where you live?

If so, then it's a small world because I used to live at the higher end of Fort Street, number 80 to be precise.

The land near to, or where your house is built, used to be occupied by a large industrial company called AEI Industry's.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Ford OC

Hey James, is that postcode where you live?

If so, then it's a small world because I used to live at the lower end of Fort Street, number 80 to be precise.

The land near to, or where your house is built, used to be occupied by a large industrial company called AEI Industry's.

Aye and no lol

No way! Thats a very small world! A dont stay there now that's ma auld post code still saved on phone a stay in Chesters Crescent now round the corner and yeah a know where ye are man a pass there almost everyday lol where aboots are ye noo?

Hi James

Your old postcode was less than 10 minutes away but Chesters Crescent; that's even closer to where I was brought up. We lived there since about 1940 and I was born in that house.

We have lived down south in Hampshire (opposite the IOW) and have lived here since 1970.

BTW, loving the "Scottish" accented tone in your reply.

C'mon "The Well"! ⚽️

Sorry MODS, I know it's a bit off topic.

• Like 1

Hi James

Your old postcode was less than 10 minutes away but Chesters Crescent; that's even closer to where I was brought up. We lived there since about 1940 and I was born in that house.

We have lived down south in Hampshire (opposite the IOW) and have lived here since 1970.

BTW, loving the "Scottish" accented tone in your reply.

C'mon "The Well"! ⚽️

Sorry MODS, I know it's a bit off topic.

Haha just dizny grow oota ye did it :p did you know any Dunsmores? (there everywhere and lived in chesters fae the 40s too)

But back to topic aswell

https://www.facebook.com/james.dougal.549

So I got mine yesterday and fitted them which wasn't too hard once I got the strut ends off. Tested them yesterday and everything was fine but today the boot doesn't open any more than it did without them on. Looks like I'm going to have to modify them a little to get them working :/

Hi again James, I'm assuming that's you in the pic? You look very young; I'm not gonna drop myself in it, so I'll just say, who's the wee lassie?

The Dunsmores? They definitely ring a bell and I vaguely remember the name but, in my case, we are talking about a long time ago, it's over 45 years ago since I lived in Motherwell and there were loads of family's who were well known in the area but there are two family's that I remember well and they were the Chisoms and the Lafferty's who I think lived in Birrens Road and they were notorious throughout the area.

Mods, sorry, off topic again.

So I got mine yesterday and fitted them which wasn't too hard once I got the strut ends off. Tested them yesterday and everything was fine but today the boot doesn't open any more than it did without them on. Looks like I'm going to have to modify them a little to get them working :/

Testing mines worked and now not but if you slip your finger under 2mm and it rises by itself a think another washer is in order or newer pistons haha or I've put ends on too tight!

What's the free length of the springs?

Testing mines worked and now not but if you slip your finger under 2mm and it rises by itself a think another washer is in order or newer pistons haha or I've put ends on too tight!

I think extra washers are the way forward but I'll get back to you guys on that once I've had fiddle

What's the free length of the springs?

I'll measure them once it stops raining

Edit: The spring alone is 47mm and with the washer and rubber mount its 49mm

• Like 1

So after adding two washers the boot now opens half way, not sure where to go from here really as the problem is my struts are pretty stiff. I'll do some more experimenting when the weather improves and hopefully the spring doesn't compress again over night.

I think extra washers are the way forward but I'll get back to you guys on that once I've had fiddle

I'll measure them once it stops raining

Edit: The spring alone is 47mm and with the washer and rubber mount its 49mm

Thanks for the info, so all in all it's nearly 5cm. I've measured the strut on my Fiesta, and with the boot closed, there is a 1cm gap between each end of the struts. Are the springs you have stiff to compress?

post-62796-0-79656500-1429969848_thumb.j

My springs are not working anymore.. I think they are to soft so they compress over night :(

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

I will try washers tomorrow ......Willy how's urs going? (might go to local breakers for 2 struts ...don't cost much

Mine not working either :( may just get me money back.

• Like 1

Mine not working either :( may just get me money back.

Do they accept returns? I thought they said they didnt -_- Mine haven't came yet so i'm worried

Not returning it. Just gonna go through PayPal and get a refund. There not fit for purpose ;)

• Like 1

Not sounding like good news with these springs ? Best holding of now do you think?

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Definitely mate.

What's happened then? The springs only worked for 1 day?

Definitely mate.

What's happened then? The springs only worked for 1 day?

Yeah mate mines too worked for 1day then not working either

The compression isn't the problem it's the fact that the load of the springs are sh*t

So just through PayPal Willy?

It's a shame I was looking forward to these :( ...know how many times ma hands being really full at ma mates farm and him having to run over to open it for me :(

Was on facebook yesterday and saw something very cool its a kit you install (which doesnt look hard) to make your boot automatic opening when you press your boot opening button! now how cool is that i will first show you a video

https://www.facebook.com/vincenzo.iarnone/videos/10206943178444791/

And here is the video of the guy who makes them and demostating it (unfortunatly it is in italian)

It shows how to install the item now the link for the item

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOLLE-APERTURA-AUTOMATICA-BAULE-SOLLEVAMENTO-KIT-FORD-FIESTA-DAL-2008-/231528574794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_101&hash=item35e82daf4a

Here is the product itself took from the guy on facebook install

attachicon.gif1907620_10206944182549893_1212002347779734012_n.jpgattachicon.gif11161336_10206944720043330_4420061181735830748_n.jpg

What you all think?

This was standard on 85 XR2.

Alot of the kits you can purchase off eBay warn say they may not work due to Weak struts.. so could the seller not wriggle out of the refund and say that his products fit for purpose, but the struts aren't? Just intrigued! Considered this before but never went ahead with it

He could but he is advertising them to fit the MK7.5 which is only 3 years old and unlikely to have weak struts yet. Mine are only 2 months old so let's see what the guys reply will be.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club