Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Boot Opening Kit Anyone?

Paramanic

Is this not a bit like buying a new car. The suspension is wedged up. So for a week or so it sits high til the weight settles the springs. So with this after a day or So the springs don't retain that original memory of when they were first put on.

If you look between washer and spring there is a rubber tube thing that the spring sits in

• Like 1

Seems to be delicat to temperature. This morning temperature was 0 C° and boot lid opened to horizontal, afternoon at 3 C° opened fully. Might be better to wait until summer kicks in, as i'am afraid that with washer inserted it might come too forcefull, and unnecessary stress the hinges and gas springs.

My springs arrived today, but the bleeding things are TINY! excuse the pun!!

The eBay listing stated that they are 30mm (which was correct), and the Rod diameter being 10mm (which wasn't the case). If you remember a few posts previous, I measured the diameter of the struts. They came out at being just a little over 8mm in diameter, so I thought they springs I bought would fit on nicely.

post-62796-0-64350100-1430312881_thumb.j

post-62796-0-54946900-1430312885_thumb.j

post-62796-0-11412800-1430312891_thumb.j

I checked, double checked and triple checked the dimensions in the eBay listing:

Free Length: 30mm/1.2"

Rod Diameter: 10mm/0.4"

Hole Diameter: 5.5mm/0.22"

• FAQ: What is Hole Dia? What is Rod Dia?
    Hole Dia:The Diameter of the Hole on the Mold ,i.e.the Outer Diameter of the spring
    Rod Dia: The Diameter of the Rod that is to be inserted into this spring, i.e.the inner Diameter of the spring.

As you can see, the red text is very misleading! :angry:

The red writing makes sense, it seems they've got their figures the wrong way round on the actual listing. Has the 5.5mm measurement always been there?

Tap washers flex and use up some of the energy from spring get a packet of m8 washers from wilkinsons £1.13 add 3 each side and should work lol

Just added 3 washers each side and seems to work at the moment. Will report back tomorrow.

Thanks Paramanic ;)

• Like 1

Just added 3 washers each side and seems to work at the moment. Will report back tomorrow.

Thanks Paramanic ;)

Mines is touch and go but weather has been terrible! -2 yesterday lol

he now changed hit text on his eBay page yesterday evening it was gone now it is up again with the modified text about the fiesta.

i wil now ask my money back from him this is misleading.

when i ordered the springs there was no text so i have a good case.

he now changed hit text on his ebay page yesterday evening it was gone now it is up again with the modified text about the fiesta.

i wil now ask my money back from him this is misleading.

when i ordered the springs there was no text so i have a good case.

Remember the guy is Italian he doesn't really speak English at all so he is using Google translate lol a generally think he is a good guy a don't think he is ripping people off a just think he didn't know we have the spoilers over hear as Italy and most hot Euro countries you don't see many with a kit on them a seen a lot work on Facebook from him but I have spoke to the guy and he told me what washers I needed and he got me too take vids and pics of the spring compression and it wasn't compressing much at all till these washers were added :p

I've been refunded, as they've admitted the error on the old listing. A simple mistake at the end of the day.

Happy days.

I've been refunded, as they've admitted the error on the old listing. A simple mistake at the end of the day.

Happy days.

Hmmm... ordered a similar pair, wonder if mine will be different :D

Hmmm... ordered a similar pair, wonder if mine will be different :D

s**t - i bought the same.

Oh well.. at least it wasnt a ton of money :D

I'm now trying to source springs with a inner diameter (the hole through the middle of the spring), of 10mm. I've managed to find a company, not far from where I live that does sell them. But the P&P costs is £5, which if you ask me is extortionate!

I'm now trying to source springs with a inner diameter (the hole through the middle of the spring), of 10mm. I've managed to find a company, not far from where I live that does sell them. But the P&P costs is £5, which if you ask me is extortionate!

Sounds good - i also found a local company that makes springs, around £5 pr. spring - but they have all the spring you could ever want :D

will wait until i heard from you.

Brand Indexa

Diameter Dh 20mm

Weight each 15g

Rigidity (N/mm) 55.8

Product Number V20 x 25

Lo (mm) 25mm

Diameter Dd 10.0mm

post-62796-0-10439900-1430377587_thumb.j

Is this just problems wiht those who have big spoiler? Because i just get my big spoiler from painter, and with small spoiler it works great if temperature is over couple C°, and at 0 C° still opens little, so i can open it touching clean part of boot lid :P , which is still better than having to touch that moist opening button :angry:

• Like 1

That's right mate

Still not opening properly for me :( I give up with it.

Still not opening properly for me :( I give up with it.

Hit n mostly miss atm

You could double up with security and employ the trunk monkey to push the boot open for you.

• Like 1

My springs arrived today, but the bleeding things are TINY! excuse the pun!!

The eBay listing stated that they are 30mm (which was correct), and the Rod diameter being 10mm (which wasn't the case). If you remember a few posts previous, I measured the diameter of the struts. They came out at being just a little over 8mm in diameter, so I thought they springs I bought would fit on nicely.

attachicon.gifA.jpg

attachicon.gifB.jpg

attachicon.gifC.jpg

I checked, double checked and triple checked the dimensions in the eBay listing:

Free Length: 30mm/1.2"

Rod Diameter: 10mm/0.4"

Hole Diameter: 5.5mm/0.22"

• FAQ: What is Hole Dia? What is Rod Dia?

Hole Dia:The Diameter of the Hole on the Mold ,i.e.the Outer Diameter of the spring

Rod Dia: The Diameter of the Rod that is to be inserted into this spring, i.e.the inner Diameter of the spring.

As you can see, the red text is very misleading! :angry:

Update:

New springs ordered via amazon. It worked out cheaper buying 5 springs (so I'll have spares), rather than buying 2 separate springs. Of course i'll keep the thread updated on progress, testing, etc.

post-62796-0-75679800-1430465744_thumb.p

i am now in the progres to put 3 washers between one extra washer no succes have to wait now wife has stolen the Fiesta :-)

but i have the pistons in the garage and she is shopping hmmmmm i go in hiding when she is back

• Like 1

hahaha I'd love to be there when she tries to open it. Must be very heavy to hold up, especially one handed while trying to load shopping in lol.

• Like 1

hmmmmmm she was not happy sombody else has to lift the boot lid for her ans he told her her pistons are faulty hahahahahahha.

but i have tested it with 4 washers no luck it only opens sometimes half and sometimes a few cm .

so i give up the seller keeps telling me it depends on the pistons but i beleive the ST spoiler is the problem .

than he told me i put on the spoiler and that is not his problem.

there is a translation problem here so i give up.

• Like 1