Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Boot Opening Kit Anyone?

Paramanic

hmmmmmm she was not happy sombody else has to lift the boot lid for her ans he told her her pistons are faulty hahahahahahha.

but i have tested it with 4 washers no luck it only opens sometimes half and sometimes a few cm .

so i give up the seller keeps telling me it depends on the pistons but i beleive the ST spoiler is the problem .

than he told me i put on the spoiler and that is not his problem.

there is a translation problem here so i give up.

What is the "free" length of your springs?

When you think about it, there's a lot of people having problems with these springs from the Italian dude. His springs appear to have "loose coils" aka coils are spaced further apart. Then with suggestions to adding more washers, to increase the compression when the boot lid has been closed. Which theoretically will cause the coils to pack tighter when compressed.

If you go on YouTube, and have a look at the Automatic boot opening - you'll see that people are using completely different springs (Die Springs to be exact). Looking at the die springs, they appear to have "tighter coils" aka coils are spaced closer together.

Again, the only video on YouTube showing the Italians springs, is his own video. All other videos examples that I have seen, are all using examples of die machine springs?

I will see tonight how much free space i have you mean on a closed lid op open boot lid.??????

I will see tonight how much free space i have you mean on a closed lid op open boot lid.??????

Free length is when the spring is NOT compressed :)

post-62796-0-51339600-1430638341_thumb.j

Did we find some springs that work well?

Mine are still on order...

Mine are still on order...

Okay i suppose with the bank holiday. I've found the amazon listing so if you have any luck ill order them. :) Will be so much easier with my work. Loading and un loading the boot

I'll keep this thread updated as soon as the springs get delivered.

• Like 1

Off topic sorry,had to look twice at this as thought it was your plate on a strange car mate haha post-56845-143089815404_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Off topic sorry,had to look twice at this as thought it was your plate on a strange car mate haha post-56845-143089815404_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Off topic sorry,had to look twice at this as thought it was your plate on a strange car mate haha attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1430898133.966102.jpg

Haha nah that's not me.

This is me, wonder if the 5 has any resemblance to them? As the 22 for me is the month of my birthday:

post-62796-0-80966100-1430898344_thumb.j

... came across this one too:

post-62796-0-27067400-1430899008_thumb.j

• Like 1

Haha nah that's not me.

This is me, wonder if the 5 has any resemblance to them? As the 22 for me is the month of my birthday:

attachicon.gifSnapchat--7342710207798090131.jpg

Born in the 22nd month, eh?.. ;)

• Like 1

Born in the 22nd month, eh?.. ;)

Lol. That's a bit ar$€ backwards.

22nd day of the 11th month rather

:D

Free length of the spring 5.4 cm

• Like 1

Hi All,

So VW Polo owners did the same as what we are doing but their boots started to slightly bend due to the force of it opening, I am cautious that this could happen to us too.

Had mine refunded :)

post-5052-143110449287_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I'm working on an auto close feature for the mk6 ;) doubt it'll work but it's keeping me entertained!!

I've bought the kit, but can't undo the strut any help please?

Right guys a got it working! Was so simple just add 3 washers each side and sorted

attachicon.gif1430146574441.jpg

Hi, how did you get the spring in there? I can't undo mine, it's so tough, bcos I can't get the grip help please

Use a vice gently or mole grips

I give up!

My springs came today, and I've tried all sort of combinations. The final combination resulting in the boot lid being difficult to close... Had to use force. The boot lid would pop slightly... But nowhere near enough to fully open. Looks like I'll be scrapping this modification. As any more strain on the struts with the compression would result in long term damage. It's just not worth it.

I was also quite surprised to how heavy the boot lid was without the struts in place!

post-62796-143171735694_thumb.jpg

Yeah it's really heavy mate lol mines works when it wants lol but on the plus side the boot is lighter to lift now so ma wee bro who is 10 can lift it easy

Well i'm disappointed to be honest, but never mind. I shan't loose sleep over it, lol.

The springs I did try were 25mm in free length, I did try 2 springs per strut. But the boot lid would not close shut, so in the end tried 2 rubber washers... and 4 metal washers. But that was the limit, i'm now wondering if a longer spring would work? As the coils on the springs I tried compressed really tight when the lid closed. However these other springs people have tried, have looser coils (when not compressed) - I wonder if that makes a difference?

Anyway i'm shelving this one!! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Well i'm disappointed to be honest, but never mind. I shan't loose sleep over it, lol.

Least ur lecky is back on :p did you enjoy it trip lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club