Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Automatic Boot Opening Kit Anyone?

Paramanic

Least ur lecky is back on :P did you enjoy it trip lol

Haha, my lecky was never off... It was the dam element in the water boiler that blew - meaning I didn't have any hot water. Funnily enough that was only repaired earlier this morning, No more cold baths for me!

Haha, my lecky was never off... It was the dam element in the water boiler that blew - meaning I didn't have any hot water. Funnily enough that was only repaired earlier this morning, No more cold baths for me!

A knew that but it was tripping ?

And yeah man ano ...........not like am stalking you or anything ...oh btw living room looks great from the outside :p hahah

A knew that but it was tripping ?

And yeah man ano ...........not like am stalking you or anything ...oh btw living room looks great from the outside :P hahah

I did wonder who was on that ladder, outside my window earlier. Must be one hell of a ladder, as i'm living on the 10th floor!! Hahaha....

Did you any case measured the space in gas spring when boot lid is closed?

I think the problem lays there. Some time ago i speak whit one of eBay seller, selling those kind of springs, and he couldn't find suitable ones because of the lack of free space in gas spring shaft when lid is closed. I think the only working setup would be spring big enough to fit over the gas spring. That way the spring don't have to compress all the way fully, and the spring travel would be greater, giving longer and smoother push to the lid.

• 2 weeks later...

Boot springs and Washers for sale ;) Anyone want 'um?

Has everybody read the warning about the damage these "kits" can & have caused? I'll link it in a second

Don't spoil it for me Kieran :p

Don't spoil it for me Kieran :p

Haha! ;)

• Like 1

only one or a couple cases ive seen this mate and he was trying all combinations (i know was talking to him on facebook) but ive had mines on since early april and still good on hot days still work but cold days it doesnt work but all perfect working order no issues and trust me a use ma boot about 5 times every day! lol

only one or a couple cases ive seen this mate and he was trying all combinations (i know was talking to him on facebook) but ive had mines on since early april and still good on hot days still work but cold days it doesnt work but all perfect working order no issues and trust me a use ma boot about 5 times every day! lol

What springs are you using?

I think it's one of those things where modifying part of the car to do something it wasn't designed to do can sometimes cause problems, but not always. It's like wind deflectors, seems most people have no problems with them, but they damaged my window channels on both sides. I think I'll be steering clear of these springs (pun intended lol).

• Like 1

I still believe that the cause of problem is unsuffient space free space between the gas chamber end and the upper mounting part of the gas spring. The space is about 10mm. , if i remmeber correct. When boot lid is closed the spring bottoms out and after some time bends the upper mounting bracket as we have seen. The only solution that i have seen, is spring that goes over the whole gas spring. With suitable spring that would get rid of the bottoming preoblems, and at same time give longer and smoother "push" for the lid.

I have made some research at www.industrial-springs.com

Two of R206-748 at each side seams to be good candidate for the spring, what you think?

It would be awesome, if we together could came up with optimal spring setup, that would work on all boot lids with different size wings, and that don't destroy our precious cars.

OT: why i can't copy paste text on this box?

• Like 1

Those are meant for sedan etc that has hinges going in trunk. Those are pulling, we need springs that push.

Boot springs and Washers for sale ;) Anyone want 'um?

Going in the bin now :p

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

It's been a while but 12 months have passed and my boot struts have finally failed. I discovered this when the boot decided to fall on me as I was unloading the shopping so new aftermarket struts fitted.

Just a warning to anyone how did this spring mod. 

20160329_090501_zps2hihwkcs.jpg

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Anyone know where I can get some of these springs.  The Italian guy doesn't seem to sell them anymore.

Thanks

12 hours ago, joe_caisley said:

Anyone know where I can get some of these springs.  The Italian guy doesn't seem to sell them anymore.

Thanks

After the amount of damage and mechanical failures I'm not surprised he's stopped.. It's definitely not a modification Id recommend.

• 2 weeks later...

there is a company you will have to do a bit of searching that has cracked it bit it isnt cheap they are in a Scandinavian country think norway and the guy made them with uprated struts with springs already attached and come with warranty but its not cheap if a remember it was clost to £100 quid 

also the springs above a cant remember if i wrote it 
they work only on cars without a spoiler hence the amount of fails ps mines still aint damaged and took them off august last year 

I still wouldn't do it personally, after the damage people have had to the actual mounts for the shocks inside the boot it's not worth risking

• 3 years later...
On 4/20/2015 at 8:00 AM, Willy said:

I just couldn't help myself :)

post-5052-142951325601_thumb.jpg

Did it work?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2017 at 11:17 PM, joe_caisley said:

Thanks

Did you get any?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club