Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear bumper repair (grey panel) 2009 Model

John L

I wonder if anyone with a new Fiesta has found themselves needing a rear bumper repair?

This morning my 8 week old car had a slight altarcation with a low wall in my driveway.

I was distrated when reversing off the road and bump! On going to look - I was expecting some nasty damage - but I was pleasantly suprised to discover nothing too serious. Perhaps a good testament to the car.

As the rear of the car was angled up during the reverse the soft insert had taken the brunt of the damage.

There is a 5p piece sized "ding" and a bit of a crease mark each side.

The main hard bumper is virtually unscathed a very slight nick in the plastic - being a black model this is almost invisible. However, the damage to the grey insert is a little more conspicuous though not desperately so.

Does anyone one know if it is possible to replace this grey plastic insert panel at reasonable cost?

I have had a look and it appears to be a separate component from the main rear bumper assembly.

I know I could ask my dealer about it but would like a guide to the likely cost before hand if anyone can help?

If it looks to be pricey I'll wait a few months until the first service is due - however, if reasonable I'll get it sorted ASAP.

Thanks for any assistance.

John

I had what sounded like a nasty scrape reversing in a carpark over a pretty high kerb. When I got out to check the damage, there was nothing that I could see! I had a full quota of passengers so it was riding pretty low and I thought I'd wrecked the rear diffuser but was pleasantly surprised to see no visible damage. Checked underneath the car and nothing's been unseated or come loose which is prety lucky.

Theres another thread somewhere about new accident damaged cars being broken for spares,might be easier(cheaper),to get the part from one of them,

dave

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club