Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stoneys St3 (formerly Known As 'subtle Hint')

Stoney871

Totally agree with you Clive, I do like having the car clean, but I'm not someone that does it week to week... Or even month to month (thinking about it)...

Do you use anywhere good for a valet? Or is it a cop shop special?

Haven't ever really had a professional valet before so will be having a skeg around for a decent place.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Totally agree with you Clive, I do like having the car clean, but I'm not someone that does it week to week... Or even month to month (thinking about it)...Do you use anywhere good for a valet? Or is it a cop shop special?

Haven't ever really had a professional valet before so will be having a skeg around for a decent place.

I'll sort the car if you fancy a couple of hundred miles drive haha

www.yorkshiredetailing.co.uk - approved resellers of the Highest quality detailing & Valeting supplies

Double quote fail, Stoney's quote has fallen out of its quote box. I can't fix it, because we can't toggle to non wysiwyg anymore :(

• Like 1

Yeah it's very annoying, but my question was to gingerflame...

I know, just explaining why it looks like Kieran said he hasn't had a professional valet before, lol.

Oh yeah, hahaha, detailing and valeter professional that has never had a pro valet.... Doesn't look good for business :p

On the doggy front, think I saw a mallinois (sp?) tied up outside lidl today, very unimpressed and squeaking and howling!

One too many L's 😉

Definitely not my girl, if I'd tied her up outside a shop she'd rip the lead apart and come looking for me.

Also she's not the type of dog that anyone unknown to her should approach, she will growl a warning, bark a louder warning and then it's bye bye fingers.

One too many L's 😉

Definitely not my girl, if I'd tied her up outside a shop she'd rip the lead apart and come looking for me.

Also she's not the type of dog that anyone unknown to her should approach, she will growl a warning, bark a louder warning and then it's bye bye fingers.

Hahaha, Yeh, this one looked a bit concerned that it'd be tied up, certainly had that "umm I think you forgot me" look on its face. I rarely approach another person's dog when it's tied up. You'll know more about dog psychology than I will, but I figure its when a dog feels the most vulnerable - alone, in a strange place and restricted....also being tall, I could also be seen as a threatening 'creature'...

• Like 1

After years of experience I'm pretty good at reading a dog's temperament.

They give off a lot of subtle signals as to whether they are approachable or not.

Definitely never loom up over a strange dog as they will feel defensive.

I always stop a few feet away and watch to see if they are curious (and fairly friendly) or stiff (guarded and not approachable).

Also never present your fingers to a strange dog, only the back of your hand with fingers tucked in so snapping jaws have nothing to latch on to.

Remember though that familiarity doesn't mean guaranteed friendliness.

One of my mates' (MoD Police handler) GSD (Max) had just had the vet to him for a check up and a kennel hand he had known for 5 years slipped the muzzle off and got tagged down to the bone causing a nasty wound to the base of her thumb and damaged ligaments.

Well the kit came yesterday but haven't had time to install yet.

Hopefully tonight as I have a run up to Bristol tomorrow to drop Wifey at the airport.

if I get time to do the install I'll post up my results.

56c5ebdf3a742_Bluefin2.jpg.76957bd3c598956c5ebdfcb97d_Bluefin4.jpg.f3edb45fe1f68

• Like 1

What does that boost you up to Clive?

See my parts for sale on thread "philf1s Spirit Blue Fiesta ST180 parts for sale"

It should come up with an extra 47 bhp and about 25% more torque.

• Like 2

I looked in to it before it's only a 27 bhp increase and 120 Nm torque increase. What put me off was the massive spike in the torque curve which is way above the gearboxes design limit followed by a much more modest increase across the Rev range.  I'd be interested to see what you think though. 

• Like 1

Are you sure that those specs relate to the euro 6 engine?

Superchips quote 47bhp increase and an extra 124Nm of torque.

Anyhoo-

Didn't get the chance to install on friday due to time constraints but got it sorted saturday afternoon.

10 minutes to read standard map data from the car and 10 minutes to install the PC software, register the handset and send the standard map for verification.

Updated map was available within 5 minutes and took about 15 minutes to write to the car.

Handy thing about the handset is that if I was to choose to, I could uninstall the updated map off the car completely and not rewrite the original map back thus rendering it totally immobilised (nice handy option).

My review of the results from the Bluefin install?

HOLY S##@!!

It goes like a stabbed rat!

Nuff said 😎

Insurance increase? £10. 😊

• Like 1

Yeah definitely euro 6. I use the graphs though as the figures they claim are always wrong :(

• Like 1

Well whatever the specs, it's faster and more responsive so well happy.

• Like 2