Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gearbox Oil Filler

rangoon

Hi-Guys,

Just join the owners club, can some one please tell me where is the gearbox drain and filler plugs for my mk2 hatchback 1.6 16v petrol engine focus, 2009 year, it has 70,000 on the clock and I want to do a oil + filter + gearbox oil change, I don't know when all the oil was last change, I just bought this car and

what this issue sorted. many thanks. ERROL

this pic is from a 04 focus, dont think there will be a big change to yours

post-59722-0-60710200-1429994808_thumb.j

I have never seen a drain plug on a 1.6 with an ib5 gearbox, both mk1 and mk2.

thanks to stef 123 and pink panther for getting back to me with your info, I don't think their is a drain plug,cause I cant see one, nor can I find the filler plug, I think I will leave it alone and change the oil and filters for now, thanks guys.

There is no drain plug on the IB5 gearbox. These gearboxes are considered to be "filled for life" so from that point of view there is no need to change the transmission oil. If you want to drain the transmission oil of the IB5 gearbox you have to take a driveshaft out of the gearbox.

Personnally I would recommend to check the oil level of the gearbox. Ford usually fills the gearbox with a minimum amount of transmission oil. My experience is that even on new cars most times the oil level is below the recommended level.

Had the same problem with my Mk1. No drain plug. Bought a suction pump off e-bay. Drew out the old oil , used the same pump to re-fill .

Thanks guys for all your helpfull tips, sorry it has taken so long to reply, and how do i remove my thread from this forum.

me being a first timer

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club