Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is This Called And Where Do I Get One?

steve1402

can anyone tell me what the little hose is going into the top of the turbo? and where can i get one my split and is taped up at the moment. its directly above the red line in the picture attached ( pic taken from someone else but exactly the same as my engine layout).

post-64989-0-72349500-1429998030_thumb.j

Hi can you not cut the end off were the split is and reconnect it save you buying a new one

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

it split whilst i was driving and it put the car in limp mode..managed to get to a small garage where he cut it and sent me on my way..but its cut to short now and it wont hold keeps coming off went to scrappy the other day but nobody has written off the same model yet.

post-64989-0-24121300-1430004465_thumb.j

i have circled the specific part is it the same thing you mentioned? have a feeling its a smaller part

yes thats the one seems to have a sensor its leading to aswell or something...

It's the MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-1-8-TDCI-FOCUS-MK2-C-MAX-GALAXY-S-MAX-INTAKE-MASS-AIR-PRESSURE-MAP-SENSOR-/261470505347?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3ce0db4983

MAP sensors help measure and maintain the correct intake vacuum pressure in the air intake manifold. As the intake pressure changes while driving, the MAP sensor will change its voltage or frequency to adjust the rate of air intake. As a result, the proper mixture of air and fuel are able to be mixed and exploded in the piston chamber to provide the energy for the internal combustion process. The MAP sensor is similar to older car components such as the vacuum advance diaphragm or the mechanical distributor.

Read more : http://www.ehow.com/info_7742622_map-sensor-car.html

thanks for all your replies MAP sensor odered today..now to fix thick blue smoke issue..im guessing an alltogether more pricey job ahead..

Fit the MAP sensor first and you may well find that the other problem will sort itself out.

if you tee off that small pipe you can add a boost gauge!