Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map Update

jayteepics

At time of manufacture (Nov 27th 2014) my TitX shipped before my new house was given a post code. I've trawled Ford's UK website but can't find any download links for the latest map updates or for that matter Sync updates for the SonyNAV unit. I did download a file from these forums but it was for 2012 models?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

PS It did find mention on Ford's website that the dealer can download the latest software for you and a mention that 'soon' you will be able to download the software to a USB stick and update it yourself - does anyone know if this option is available yet?

You need to go to the dealer for any updates on the new fiesta. Updates are chargeable. You can't download them at the moment.

Is 2012 not the latest update?

If so then I will have the latest then. Pretty poor having no update in going on 3 years?

You need to go to the dealer for any updates on the new fiesta. Updates are chargeable. You can't download them at the moment.

Seems mean but I suppose it depends on how much - anyone know the cost?

£250 for a map update? :o

That's nearly 40 times more expensive than what I paid for tomtom map updates (6 map updates for £40). I don't think anyone can be blamed for seeking cheaper or free alternatives lol. I've been wondering if it's possible to just copy a map from another car that's newer, and would have a later map on its SD card.

Took a look at the SD card and the maps are August 2013

This is what the info.txt shows...

Product Name: Western Europe SD Sat Nav (V4.1)
Worm: sd2-FORD-MFD_E_WesternEurope_Sys-SW2253 v6
Bosch Part Number: 7 612 105 865
Ford Part Number: EM5T-19H449-DAB

You can buy them 2nd on fleabay for like £90, they have 2015 maps on there at present. they are still not complete however.

My Paintball site is RM4 1AA, been there for donkeys years and the postcode didn't even appear on the drop down list and the road isn't present on the actual map. TOM TOM are clearly very very far behind.

Was looking at fleabay this morning and those I found claiming to be 2015 all seemed to be V4.1?

It makes you wonder where the eBay sellers are getting those maps, probably copying from other cars, in which case we might as well do that ourselves and save £90 haha.

Contacted a Ford dealer parts dept. they had two flavours of maps a Ford one of Western Europe which happens to be the same part number of the SD card I have EM5T-19H449-DAB at £112 and another with Europe and Turkey (I didn't get the part no of this one) for £65 I wonder what is going on here. I'm hardly going to Shell out dosh to buy what I may already have with maps dated August 2013 on the SD card directory - If someone has the Ford SD V4.1 with the same Ford Part Number: EM5T-19H449-DAB could they check the date of the maps for me please? Mine looks like this on Win7...

Maps

I'm going to guess mine has the same files as yours but I'll have a look. What I'd like to know is, is there any copy protection on it or can the files be copied to another SD card and used in another car with the same version of Sync?

I'm going to guess mine has the same files as yours but I'll have a look. What I'd like to know is, is there any copy protection on it or can the files be copied to another SD card and used in another car with the same version of Sync?

Not quite what you asked but I copied the SDHC card to another one stuck it in the SonyNAV and got "Navigation is not available - Check the SD card"

Was just a trial by the way I do have a valid Ford card and when reinserted all was well.

The SDHC card I tried was a 16GB Integral ultima pro Class 10 FWIW.

What I forgot to do on the 'test' SD card was format it first which may have made a difference as it had been formatted in my Canon camera but I'm done messing with this and will just live with the OLD maps I've got for now.

I don't want to go sticking my Android phone back on the window and using Sygic navigator. tomtom was working fine on my HTC One M7 until Lollipop killed it duh!

• Like 1

That's some useful info Jamie, and I think the most important thing is not to change anything on the original card in case it goes wrong and can't be fixed. Although I wonder what Ford's policy would be if someone loses the SD card, it's easily done and would be unfair of them to charge full price for a replacement.

I've just checked my ford SatNav SD Card and I have the version 5

Original Ford sd card for NON touchscreen navigation SONY
For cars from 2011 year
Version map V5 ---- 2015
Europe maps UK and Ireland included
Part no EM5T 19H449 DAC
7 612 105 870

My car was built on 31st January 2015 and I picked it up on 5th March; I believe that v5 is the latest version and I'm sure I've seen it on eBay or amazon.

What's the difference between the above and the version uploaded by jayteepics below?

I have the Sony unit with DAB and i would have thought that I would have had the version as shown by jayteepics?

• Like 1

The formatting will more than likely affect the maps working or not

• Like 1

Ran my SDHC card copy against the Ford original through BeyondCompare and every file is identical in size and date.

The only differences is the creation date of the folders (Win 7 Explorer) I have no idea how to backdate the folder date maybe someone has a smart utility?

Of course this doesn't solve the problem of ensuring I can getup-to-date maps.

I then formatted the new 16GB card FAT32 but (possibly stupid) instead of using the default blocksize of 32k which it was already formatted with, I chose 16K thinking I might emulate the formatting density of the 8GB Ford card.

Bunged it in the SatNav same error. :wacko:

Compare

Took a look at the SD card and the maps are August 2013

This is what the info.txt shows...

Contacted a Ford dealer parts dept. they had two flavours of maps a Ford one of Western Europe which happens to be the same part number of the SD card I have EM5T-19H449-DAB at £112 and another with Europe and Turkey (I didn't get the part no of this one) for £65 I wonder what is going on here. I'm hardly going to shell out dosh to buy what I may already have with maps dated August 2013 on the SD card directory - If someone has the Ford SD V4.1 with the same Ford Part Number: EM5T-19H449-DAB could they check the date of the maps for me please? Mine looks like this on Win7...

I had a play with mine tonight and it's the same, V4.1 with the 2013 maps. I also tried copying the files to another SD card but that gives the error too.

I think Ford must have cleverly hidden some copy protection stuff on the SD card. Maybe if the card is cloned completely it would work, something like this might work: http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool/

It would be good to have a working backup if nothing else, so I'll try to clone the card when I have more time.

• Like 1

According to my OU degree course a couple of years ago. In Europe you are entitled to make a backup of software you own and Digital Rights Management (DRM) is not supposed to prevent you :ph34r:

• Like 1

On reflection I guess Ford says somewhere you don't own it only license its use

Yeah I think my uni course might have covered that too but I can't remember the details. I'd probably draw the line at sharing maps with other people, Ford would probably send the Police round lol.

The dealer told me map updates where free when I brought my car :s

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1