Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Map Update

jayteepics

The dealer told me map updates where free when I brought my car :s

Which dealer was that? I might have to take them up on that offer if I'm nearby lol.

I would try using http://sourceforge.net/projects/win32diskimager/

Then you can create an image of the SD card and copy it to another.

I tried Win32DiskImager and created an image on my hard drive but I failed to get it to write to the new SD card

I then created an image on my hard drive of the Ford SDHC card using Virtual Console's USB Duplicator Creator V1.1

Then using Virtual Console's USB Duplicator Image Writer wrote the image to the substitute SDHC card successfully

Tried the 'cloned' SD card in the SonyNAV - Navigation wouldn't work - 'check the SD card'.

Guess I've done enough and at risk of boring peeps on here :huh:

The sd cards are formatted to exFAT (I believe), I've copied off the card in my courtesy car so can bung it on Dropbox if anyone wants a play.

The total file package is about 11gb.

• Like 1

Clive that size if over twice the size of my card's files?

What is on it / i.e. what was the courtesy car?

Hmm I've been using FAT32

It's an ST3 Focus diesel.

I'll upload the files to Dropbod in a containing folder however the files were seperated on the card.

Some files may have nothing to do with satnav but I'n not au-fait with what should be on there.

• Like 1

Could you send me the download link please? Meanwhile I'll try exFAT

TIA

Clive second thoughts at least for me. I formatted the SDHC card as exFAT and copied the image to it again and the SonyNAV still baulks at it :cry:

I don't have built in sat nab as I prefer tomtom but I've found this Which looks like you might be able to get a tomtom version

The Ford website uses certain cookies. A cookie is a text-only string of information that the Ford website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer. Cookies allow the Ford website to perform properly and remember your browsing history. Cookies also help a website to arrange content to match your preferred interests more quickly. Cookies alone cannot be used to identify you. You can find out more about cookies and how to control them using the Ford Cookie Guide:

Find out more

Ford Go further

main navigation

Tom Tom

tomtom Satellite Navigation Map Updates

Take the smartest route

Once you’ve had a factory-fitted satellite navigation system most people wouldn’t dream of living without one. However, over time, new roads and housing estates are built, road layouts change and businesses move, which means your Sat Nav may become less reliable. Avoid getting lost, frustrated or late and update your Sat Nav software with a TomTom map update.

With the latest maps and European coverage, it’s the best way to keep your factory-fitted Sat Nav reliable, helping you take the smartest route and giving you more accurate arrival times.

In short, it‘s the best way to make sure you arrive at your destination with no sweat.

Recommended Retail Price for 2015 Model Year Update: £78.00 including VAT.

To update your satellite navigation system, contact your Ford Dealer today.

For further information please refer to our Accessories Catalogue or contact your Ford dealer.

Map Updates for FX and NX units do not include TMC (Traffic Message Channel) for UK roads. Please contact your Ford dealer for more information.

Please note that TomTom branded accessories do not come with a Ford warranty, but are covered by TomTom’s own warranty, the details of which can be obtained from your Ford Dealer.

Prices apply to current Ford models excluding New Ford Focus and All New Ford Mondeo.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

• Like 1

I'll ask about updating the maps tomorrow when I take the car in for its service.

I'll ask about updating the maps tomorrow when I take the car in for its service.

I forgot to ask them lol, will have to remember to ask when I pick it up later :iim:

• 1 month later...

This link says it is for the MFD system and they are tomtom updates. I have checked the Sony unit in the car and it says it is sd2_Ford_MFD_E so this should be the one: http://www.ford-accessories.co.uk/fiesta/2008/infotainment/navigation

There is so much conflicting information out there, one forum the guy rang Ford and they told him it wasn't tomtom it was their own system!

Anyway this is direct from their website and says MFD and tomtom. Unfortunately, the most useful information is missing (what the current update version is) which would save having to contact the dealer at all if we already have the latest version.

I don't mind that price every few years, although with the current trend towards 20mph limits and hidden speed cameras it may need updating more often than I am used to.

For anyone who is not aware, hidden in the setup menus are the options to turn on speed camera alerts (both visual and audio ding) and speed limit signs. Off by default when you get the car.

• Like 1

^ That's great, but if that's the map that works for our cars it makes you wonder why the dealers charge so much more.

^ That's great, but if that's the map that works for our cars it makes you wonder why the dealers charge so much more.

Sounds like they have to order in a replacement card and tie it to your unit in some way rather than just copy a file (don't hold me to this though!)

Agree it is overpriced considering a suitable SD card is only a few pounds. Still better than the £200 quoted before though!

Do you know if we can order that map update and just put the new SD card in the car? I wouldn't be surprised if it's not that simple, but at least there are map update cards on eBay for not much more (which are hopefully genuine).

eBay looks good, of course no guarantee it will work. At least the dealer would have to solve the issue or refund me.

Unfortunately I would have the same question as you, is it just plug and go with the correct card...?

Just checked the card in the car (factory May 2014) and it says Western Europe SD Sat Nav v4.1 EMST 19H449 DAB 7 612 105 865 C7E3A 204622

From what I see on eBay it all seems 4.1 or earlier.

Edit: Just found 1 v5 card. How hard would it be for Ford to put the current version number on their website?!

Mine is also v4.1, and the maps are actually from 2013 so about 2 years old now. As for eBay, as I understand it if you buy something like that where the description says it will work with your car, and it doesn't, you should be able to get a refund.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I just find listings like these, so the onus is on the customer who cannot verify it is the correct part without first buying one from Ford!

"Please check part number is compatible for your car before buying"

I got a v5 on eBay last week for £35 and sold my v4.1 for £48 depends whether you drop on at right time. Even though v5 are supposed to be the latest maps we had a one way system put in last year but even this is not updated on the latest maps it still tells you to drive the wrong way down the road so they must be easily 12 months out of date.

I got a v5 on ebay last week for £35 and sold my v4.1 for £48 depends whether you drop on at right time. Even though v5 are supposed to be the latest maps we had a one way system put in last year but even this is not updated on the latest maps it still tells you to drive the wrong way down the road so they must be easily 12 months out of date.

Was it just take one out and put the other one in?

Hi. Yes i just took the v4.1 out pushed in v5 it said downloading maps takes about 5 mins then it automatically turned itself off then restarted and thats it.

• Like 2

I didnt know there was an official v5, v4.1 still comes with brand new ford rangers , dont know about the cars with nav in.

I'm amazed if it's true that Ford are still putting 2 year old maps in new cars. I bet a lot of people who buy a new car have a new house too, but their satnav won't be able to take them to it. Map updates should be free and frequent, but then there's a lot of money that can be made from them.

To be fair I think that deserves a #firstworldproblems (and I don't even use twitter lol).

They are, will find out what others they are putting v4.1 in.