Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Aux Problem

dimmy

Hi!

I just bought a 2007 Ford Focus collection and i have a problem how to set up aux cables. I have read and read every forum and called a few ford retailers but they dont have a clue how to continue.

http://i.imgur.com/pKDRsVX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/CWCMWdM.jpg

So far i have understood that this cable is a aux cable which is prefitted in my car, if so what is my next move? which part i have to buy and do i still have to remove the radio? English isnt my first language so break it down as much as you can =). This has been a week long battle and my wife is getting anxious because all i do is trying to figure this out..

That is not the aux cable, it's a connector for a passenger airbag deactivation switch.

P/M me your postal details and I'll send you my old aux connector I stripped out of my previous car (free of charge).

It has a 3.5 plug on the end which you can tun into the glovebox for easy connection.

To fit the cable you need to pull the radio trim off and then undo 4 screws (most likely Torx type).

Pull the radio forward and then plug the connector block into the blank socket.-

post-28494-0-93116500-1430155329_thumb.j

post-28494-0-27500500-1430155166_thumb.j

post-28494-0-46164100-1430155220_thumb.j

post-28494-0-69217100-1430155154_thumb.j

No need to disconnect the main radio connector, just gently push the connector in straight (don';t bend the pins) until it locks in place, you may need to pull the aerial connector off for easier access (tends to be short) and don't forget to re-attach it.