Do Not Sell My Personal Information

High Mileage MK7 Owners

ramonford

What are your experiences with this car and how has it proved for reliability and running costs.

What are it's strong and weak points.

Do you consider it to be a suitable car for your lifestyle, and would you choose this car again.

What has been your experience in relations with your dealer.

Do you consider that you got a good deal from your supplier and how did they treat you, especially in after sales.

What is the basic spec of your MK7 - engine/transmission/fuel/wheels etc.

Lot of questions I know but your experience could be a useful base of what we may expect from our Fiesta's in the future.

Thanks for any info.

Good idea to get this done as a sticky so that it is easy to find should anyone have a problem with their car . . .

I think this thread is a very good idea :)

I'll start, I drive a 2008 58 reg Mk7 Fiesta Zetec S 1.6 Ti-VCT in Moondust silver, with these added options; Street pack (ESP+Traction control, 17inch wheels, tinted windows), Side skirts, Quickclear heated front windscreen and Alloy pedals. My car was in stock at the dealer and first registered (to myself) on 18 Dec 08.

The price of my car with all these options was £12,700, and was bought from Evans Halshaw in Wrexham. Please bear in mind that there have been many price increases since I purchased my car, and the price includes about £1000 discount from the dealer. My experience with the dealership was pretty stress free, they gave me a good deal on my car and my part exchange, but I find the aftersales pretty poor..

Since I got my car I have clocked up 14,600 miles (there was just 66 the day I collected it).

I use my car regularly to travel back and to to University, which is 75 miles from my home, the majority of which is motorway.

The car is totally suited to my lifestyle, being only 19 years old I love the look and driving capability of the car.

The only way in which it doesn't suit my lifestyle is the fact it's a petrol and not a diesel. The 1.6 petrol is working very hard when cruising on the bypass, at 70mph its revving at roughly 3400 rpm, which is high. The engine isn't necessarily loud, but with that said you know its working hard. I find the car very comfortable and relaxing on long drives, and outstanding compared to my previous car (2003 Mini Cooper).

Finally, I would definately purchase another Fiesta in the future. I couldn't wait for the arrival of the ST (i was told by a dealer when i got my car that it would be in showrooms by Aug 09, but we have since heard Ford have shelved the ST or any hot Fiesta, at least until 2012). If I was ordering my Fiesta now, I would probably choose the 1.6 TDCi engine, simply because of the mileage I do, and will be doing from September (upwards of 600 miles a week term-time), despite it being, in my opinion, rather underpowered on Urban roads. I would also probably choose the Titanium spec, just for the gadgets such as cruise control (not available as even an option on the Zetec S) and other things that might make clocking up high miles more enjoyable and relaxing. I would also add the dress up kit, as I think it compliments the bold, sporty shape of the 3dr Mk7.

Hope this post helps in some way, feel free to ask me anything else about my experience with the Mk7 and I'll try and answer best I can :)

Forgot to mention, had no problems with the car itself at all until this last week, when the drivers side electric window stopped closing automatically. Yesterday it started working again as normal, no idea why, but everything else has been fine :)

On the subject of the engine; I read somewhere the other day that Ford will have a range of 'all new" engines for the Fiesta sometime next year - mated to a 6-speed gearbox - and possibly rear disc brakes too. If I can find the article - I'll post it. From what I've read from UK/Australian/other english-speaking websites - it appears a 6-speed box is what the Fiesta really needs. Ford will no doubt be taking notes...

Forgot to mention, had no problems with the car itself at all until this last week, when the drivers side electric window stopped closing automatically. Yesterday it started working again as normal, no idea why, but everything else has been fine :)

Check your manual - there's a section on reprogramming the 'anti-pinch' feature on the driver's window, without which the auto up is disabled.

:)

Chris...

Check your manual - there's a section on reprogramming the 'anti-pinch' feature on the driver's window, without which the auto up is disabled.

Chris...

It's just like thumbing through the real thing! :D

http://issuu.com/stalker1971/docs/new_fiesta_manual

*Page 54 regarding resetting the driver's window btw ;)

Thanks, I didn't realise that!

I agree Nightowl that the Fiesta needs a 6speed box desperately, was shocked when I drove the TDCi that it only had a 5 speed!

Thanks, I didn't realise that!

I agree Nightowl that the Fiesta needs a 6speed box desperately, was shocked when I drove the TDCi that it only had a 5 speed!

Well I've read a fair few comments/thoughts on the new Fiesta from around the world - and the one glaring 'complaint' - as it were - is the lack of a 6th gear. When the Fiesta goes on sale in the US next year - it will be offered with a Ford 'Powershift' 6-speed dual clutch gearbox - almost identical to the superb current Volkswagon DSG award-winning gearbox. That VW engine has just won 'Engine of the Year' and - as I have posted elsewhere on the forum - was my main contender when deciding between the Fiesta or the new Golf. The new mk6 Golf is way, way over-priced I thought - so I opted for the Fiesta instead.

The PowerShift allows full automatic control or clutchless manual shifting. Ford's first PowerShift is already available in the current European Focus with a 2.0L diesel engine. That unit is a wet-clutch system. The new unit set to debut in the Fiesta is a dry-clutch system that's both lighter and more efficient. The 6-speed PowerShift weighs 30 lbs less than the 4-speed automatic currently offered and should deliver 9-percent better fuel economy.

As for the manual version - Ford US will fit a 6th gear and quite possibly a 1.8 engine option too I hear!

As for the manual version - Ford US will fit a 6th gear and quite possibly a 1.8 engine option too I hear!

Could that be the for-runner of the ST in the UK?

Could that be the for-runner of the ST in the UK?

I was told that, if/when the ST comes out, it will have a 2litre turbo Volvo engine from the S60 etc..

I have a 1.6Titanium TDCi which I took delivery of on March 12th this year. To date I have done 16200 miles which is high because it is used 6 days a week for a driving tuition vehicle. My car is totally suited for my needs as the pupils love it and so do the pupils.

Since I owed it I have had only one or two small problems. First is every so often the radio volume control stops workin and does not reset until the engine has been off for 10 min or so. This has been discussed by Poohbear before and she eventually got her head unit replaced. However when I took my car to the dealer all I was told was that because it has not recorded a fault on the computer it means it is fine. Even though i showed them video proof of it not working. So I think the dealers after sales service is absolutly terrible as they were almost rude to me. Deliberate name check, I am referring to Brunel Ford Weston Super Mare, you are crap.

I paid only £11000 for my car with bluetooth and for a black titanium in 1.6 diesel trim I think that is a brill price. No I did not buy it from Weston, it came from Deal Drivers.

I love the car loads and would still choose it again and again, however I hate ford dealers. Only into selling cars and not after sales.

I hate ford dealers. Only into selling cars and not after sales.

sooo true!

sooo true!

Poohbear hasn't had the head unit replaced as yet, she is still waiting.

Deliberate name check, I am referring to Brunel Ford Weston Super Mare, you are crap.

No I did not buy it from Weston, it came from Deal Drivers.

However I hate ford dealers. Only into selling cars and not after sales.

So not true Steve.

That's what you get from an agent; they don't care as they won't be handling any of your complaints.

Buy direct; my dealer---deliberate name check---Shepshed Ford, you are excellent.

• 1 year later...

>>Thread revival alert<<

Rather than start a new thread with similar subject matter it seemed logical to tag on to the end of this thread.

Since the mk7 has been in production in the UK for two+ years now, I'm interested if there's any high milers out there yet?

Rowland

I got the car on the 4th April 2010 15 miles on the clock.

It's a 1.4Tdci Van with nothing other than a "Synergy 2b Tuning Box". It has air-con and all the kita an Edge has.

To date its covered 36k miles with the following problems.

Gear Linkage Cable Snapped at 15k miles, develpoed a problem at 30k with the fuel rail sensor and had the fuel filter replaced early at 31k miles.

It had its first replacement tyres fitted on the front after 30k miles and the other two original Hankooks look to be going to 40-45k before replacement is needed.

The car has always had an oil only change at 6.5k miles.

The car is great to drive covers distances with aplomb and has averaged 40-45 mpg over its term so far.

I'll let you know how its faired in a couple of years when it should go back with I would think around 140k miles on the clock.

The jury is still out on the IMS (Tyre Goo). If it was my car I'd have a spare wheel & tyre I think.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club