Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk6 Double Din

stevenw88

Can anyone help me. I'm wanting a new double din for my fiesta mk6. Some people are saying I don't need extra fitting cage as the new one will fit the space already there. Other people are saying I need a fitting kit with cage wiring loom and fascia trim. Ain't a clue what I'm looking for.

The Ford double din radio is a different size to a 'true' afternarket double din radio so a fitting kit is needed.

You will also need the loom adaptor sppropriate for whichever radio you choose (with a steering column controller interface if you hsve one fitted).

A cage is also needed.

If your radio is the triple deck style one (black bars running horizontally across the radio) then you will have to either have to carefully cut the bars out or buy a fascia without the bars.

Cheers know what I need now. Do you recommend any double din unit with bluetooth audio and hands free calls

I can reccomend the Pioneer avh2600bt. I have one as part of my install in my prefacelift fiesta. I've got a friend using one in Hsu facelift too

Where did you buy the fitting kit?

Did you install yourself if u did was is simple enough for a novice to do?

I already had an ISO adapter so the enclosed loom plugged straight into it. The cage fitted perfectly into my car. As for the rest of the wiring, the speaker plug from the Iso connector plugged straight into my amp not the headunit as I used all 3 RCA out. Hence I needed no fitting kit. My friend on the other hand bought the kit of eBay, he doesn't remember the seller. It's an easy enough install though

Ok the pioneer avh 2600bt that has hands free calls? And is the pioneer avh 2700bt the new model?

It has hands free, an optional NAV module, usb & aux in, DVD CD player, it's fantastic. Also has mirrorlink. The sound quality is fantastic, makes my Focals sound great! I believe the 2700 is the new model yeah

Cheers lads yesterday I had no clue now I now what u want.

Ginger flame u said the cage fitted perfectly in your does that mean the original cage that came with you pioneer fitted perfectly?

In a prefacelift fiesta, yes. The Pioneer cage fitted perfectly. I can't comment on a facelift as I wasn't there when my friend fitted it. You might as well get a fitting kit as well because then you've got the fascia, the iso adapter & the spare cage

• 1 month later...

Thanx for ur advice ginger flame. I went with the pioneer avh 2700bt. Carnt fault it handsfree is so easy. Play music through bluetooth and usb is spot on. Great head unit for 250 quid.

post-49168-143504424178_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Stevenw88, I see you was able to install your head unit, could you send me the link of the install kit you bought? I'm looking at installing a pioneer F840BT into my fiesta, have no idea where to start though, thanks

Item number: 170701384677

Sorry no this is the one 270844664150

Hello Stevenw88, I see you was able to install your head unit, could you send me the link of the install kit you bought? I'm looking at installing a pioneer F840BT into my fiesta, have no idea where to start though, thanks

This is the one I got Michael. its a nice fit once you get it installed properly.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Cheers mate! Did you need an ISO adapter aswell? Or was it just plug and play?

I actually carnt find the exact kit I used. But u need leads. Ariel adapter fascia and cage. Well that's wat I needed

Okay mate no worries, cheers for the help

Cheers mate! Did you need an ISO adapter aswell? Or was it just plug and play?

I needed an ISO Adapter for my Antenna to work with mine

alright Steven, I have this cage, but I have no idea how it fits together? could you help me please mate, thanks

This is the actual kit I bought. And too fit my pioneer I only need the fascia trim. The cage. Iso lead and ariel adapter. The cage fits into the fascia. And is fitted into the dash. The fascia has 4 clips that locks into place. Then the unit is fitted inside the cage.

post-49168-143715955595_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club