Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Turbo??

JT_Fiesta02

Hey guys! Wondering if anyone can help me with a question! I own a 2002 1.4 zetec pre facelift! Just wondering if my car will cope with a turbo? Just recently raced a mk7 1.6 turbo and I was winning until his turbo kicked in! Was devastated! Anyone know if my standard car will cope or am I just worth buying an st150 or a more powerful car as a project car and putting it in that! I'm 17 going on 18 and buying a project car in summer so any ideas will be appreciated! :)

Go for an ST.. or even just a zetec s

I was thinking an st150! Would be ace but aren't they like 2.0 so I'm not sure I could afford it!

Insurance would be ridiculous for an 18year old.. I'm 17 and insurance just on a 1.4 fiesta is 2200

How come yours is that much? I have a 1.4 zetec 17 and my insurance is 800?

Not a clue.. I don't have a black box, owned the car for 6months before passing, passed a month after my 17th if that makes a difference to it?

I know obviously the Zetec climate is the zetec with all the bells and whistles, and the zetec S is also a higher trim but all the zetecs I looked at whilst searching for a new car only had a heated rear screen, no AC or heated windscreen, or does this just happen to be the cheaper ones I was looking at? Haha

Hmm! I don't have one either! Got mine after my birthday! And passed 2 months after my birthday! Not sure why that's so expensive haha! Where you located? UK?

The zetec s is 1.6 and it's all kitted out and lowered standard etc but I'm not sure about the climate

The zetec s is 1.6 and it's all kitted out and lowered standard etc but I'm not sure about the climate

The climate pack is just heated both screens air con and other bits

Ah right! I'm not bothered about all that! I've changed my interior anyways

• 2 weeks later...

location is just a part of the cost of insurance, but there are many things you should consider. For example, someone so young, bolting on a turbo to a 1.4 engine, will see the price shoot up.

A 1.4 litre capacity, would take a turbo, but in all honesty, the cost of install, config and the benefit you would get from it, I really dont see you having it worth your while.

If you cant afford to buy a 'better spec' car with it, then I would say sticking it on your car would be generally a bad idea. Speak to your insurer and ask them what they would charge if you were to install a turbo, that might be enough to put you off :p

Yeah thanks! I reckon I'm just buying a new car anyways! Keeping the fez but I'll be buying another car just to make look good! Besides! My 1.4 is fairly quick! Especially for its age

• Like 1

Yeah, I had a 54 plate 1.25, even those are quite nippy. though IMHO, the new fez with that same petrol engine, always seems a lot more dull in power, I borrow one as a courtesy car from my local dealer, I appreciate the idea of having a car, but its really so underpowered I never really enjoy the experience!

Yeah mines is 52 1.4 and the guy I raced was 63 1.6 turbo and I was winning right up til about 70 until he just went flying past me! That's why I want a turbo so bad ahaha!

haha, well being responsible for a moment, racing is a bad idea no matter what the car, and sticking with a turbo just so you can pull a fast one on someone is not the right thing to do.

Though when the turbo kicks in and the car lurches forward, its always a good feeling!

• Like 1

I don't usually! Only with friends on the dual carriageway! But I think I'm just gonna make this car look good cause I'm buying a motorbike soon!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club