Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O/T New Laptop

poohbear

agree'd the components are the same but they have worked out how to make the work better.

simply put the mac OS is a lot better. and now macs have turned to intel chips there is no need for a windows based laptop as you can run windows on your mac

ok then,

il change that statement.

every windows based laptop that i have had in the passed has ended up slowing down and breaking, the casing also broke on them.

nothing better than a macbook pro

Why anyone would pay from £1500 for a Macbook Pro when you can get a better spec windows based laptop for less than £800 is beyond me. £700 is a very big difference and a lot of extra just so you can say, look at me, I've got a Macbook.

I have had my Acer laptop on the shopfloor for over 2 years now, nothing has ever broke on it. The only signs of wear are scratches to the back of the lid top and where the paint has worn away where my hand sits when typing. This is used every working day for 9 hrs a day in an engineering workshop. My mate has had his Toshiba for around 4 years and his is exactly the same, nothing broke etc etc. Runs like it did when I bought it, well, a bit quicker actually as I upgraded the ram and the hard drive not too long ago.

All I can suggest is, you're rather clumsy if the casings are breaking on all your previous laptops, it's never happened to me or my mate who I've just asked.

What I will say about Apple is, they have the best CEO in the World. How Steve Jobs has convinced so many people that they must have an Apple product whether it b e an iPhone, PC or iPod is an enigma to me.

agree'd the components are the same but they have worked out how to make the work better.

simply put the mac OS is a lot better. and now macs have turned to intel chips there is no need for a windows based laptop as you can run windows on your mac

Oh the irony. So why pay £700 more for less? I'm not seeing it. Is owning a Macbook that important?

yes it is.

until you work with one day in and day out you just wont see how much easier they are.

about 3 years ago i thought i would never use a mac because OSX was so different. But since changing it really does make you realise that windows is utterly crap.

everything can be done quicker on a mac, the workflow of OSX is just amazing. Plus running windows on your mac actually makes windows run faster.

in all i know i have saved myself buying a number of laptops as i have a macs that have worked perfectly.

as a designer, a computer nerd, general computer user, i will never ever go back to using a PC

I have a Sony Vaio on vista, and a sony mini laptop which fits handy in the bag for work!

I cant fault them at all, apart from the fact ive currently wrecked the operating system with some wicked viruses and havent got it fixed yet.. so using a compaq... which is totally rubbish! lol

Hi emily,

i bought a Sony laptop can't think what one off the top of my head but that has been brilliant, that was for my uni which I start end of next month.

If you don't mind me asking, what university are you going to?

yes it is.

until you work with one day in and day out you just wont see how much easier they are.

Well that's never gonna happen, is it. It's like paying an extra £5000 for a Fiesta with exactly the same spec as mine but in white. Why the hell would I do that. Also, how is adapting to something you've never done, easier than doing something you've done all your PC life?

about 3 years ago i thought i would never use a mac because OSX was so different. But since changing it really does make you realise that windows is utterly crap.

But the problem is, you can't run the software I use on a MAC, so I'd be buggered straight away. But you say, you can run Windows on a MAC, but I'd say, well, you reckon it's crap, so I might as well run it on a PC that costs 45% less than a MAC and save myself £700.

everything can be done quicker on a mac, the workflow of OSX is just amazing. Plus running windows on your mac actually makes windows run faster.

Says who exactly?

I bet I can get a similar price PC and MAC, and the PC would walk all over it.

in all i know i have saved myself buying a number of laptops as i have a macs that have worked perfectly.

And I have saved myself over £1000 by buying a laptop that serves my needs and my job. Oh, and I've only bought one, as the one I have is looked after a works perfectly.

as a designer, a computer nerd, general computer user, i will never ever go back to using a PC

Good on you. Personally, as a computer nerd and general computer user myself, I prefer to build my own PC's (apart from laptop) which i can upgrade when evr I want and cheaply, something I couldn't do if I bought from Apple.

Next you'll be telling me that consoles are better for gaming. ;)

i no microsoft are utter !Removed! most of the time but i really do enjoy my xbox :lol:

on the mac n pc think i would say its worth learning the mac system, simple as that

i no microsoft are utter !Removed! most of the time but i really do enjoy my xbox :lol:

on the mac n pc think i would say its worth learning the mac system, simple as that

ive even got rid of my xbox now after the 6th time of having the ring of death,got a ps3,not as good online voice chat etc but reliable fingers crossed :unsure:

I totally disagree that every Windows laptop is slow and rubbish, some of us cannot afford a Mac and I have never found Windows to be slow or rubbish.

I still couldn't justify paying that much for a Mac.

I just don't think they're that advantageous.

Also, they're starting to become more fashion accessory that technology. And every time I need to go on a Mac forum for whatever reasons (or contact a Mac guy here at work) they're always looking down on Windows users. I don't understand why - perhaps they need to put down Windows users to justify their overspending on their own machine. Not sure. Just generally seem an unfriendly bunch.

As for Xboxes, yeah, they're unreliable, but I still don't think PS3's have a patch on them (not flaming anyone here - I have both consoles). I, for one, welcome the Xbox faults - I used to have a part time job where all I did was repair them. £20 per Xbox and it would take 15 minutes or so! Magic times.

Emily, take a look at HP laptops, very well built and faily cheap (depending on spec) I just got a HP for £499 with Blu Ray!

Ok Mark will do.

I was thinking maybe a Dell Inspiron or a Compaq one? Any good/bad reports of these?

Each to their own as far as Windows and Macs go - I would personally never switch back to Windows. I agree Macs are expensive, but I much prefer the operating system and the associated applications.

Ok Mark will do.

I was thinking maybe a Dell Inspiron or a Compaq one? Any good/bad reports of these?

Dell's aren't bad at all. Not in my experience anyway.

Have you got a Costco card? They usually do good spec laptops at reasonable prices. Think they have an HP one at around £400

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club