Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Tracker Not Got Off To A Good Start!

jeebowhite

So, I bought a tracker off aliexpress, and this is the one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/MINI-GPS-TK102-GPS-Tracker-For-Kids-Child-Elderly-Vehicle-Pet-Bike-personal-Real-Time-GSM/32269997297.html

Looks good, but its really not working very well!

I had it texting me earlier in response to messages, but then all of a sudden its just gone quiet. Tried to wire it up and ended up setting all the wiring on fire :| WTAF!

Wondering if anyone else has bought this one and to see if its just my bad luck, or if its not recommended!

Operator error ? ! :rolleyes:

Operator error ? ! :rolleyes:

Aka cack handed operator ;)

• Like 2

Haha, thanks gents

Not sure how I could cause the wiring to go boom or for the thing to stop picking up a signal and responding to anything lol

The problem with Trackers these days is that, a professional thief, scans the car for a signal and jams it. But if they just do a quick scan you could fool them by adding a time delay circuit so the tracker only kicks in after about 5 or 10 minutes and hope that after they have done a tracker sweep they don't activate the jamming circuit.

Or, you can wire it up externally so the blocking is minimised. Sadly the professional car thief doesn't exist around here most of them are chances and idiots...

Or, you can wire it up externally so the blocking is minimised. Sadly the professional car thief doesn't exist around here most of them are chances and idiots...

The programs i have seen, means thier jammer would still pick up the signal as it's similar to a mobile phone signal, but yes agreed it would still fool the idiots :)

The system I'm having fitted tomorrow is proofed against jamming and tampering.

• Like 1

On the new focus Clive?

• Like 1

As for my tracker it's dead now, can't charge nor turn it on, or connect it to the network lol. Sent a complaint to the seller and will see how it goes

On the new focus Clive?

Yep, just in case.
  • Like 1

As for my tracker it's dead now, can't charge nor turn it on, or connect it to the network lol. Sent a complaint to the seller and will see how it goes

Ham fisted numpty :d

• Like 1

Good choice, hopefully not too expensive... As for my tracker... Beginning to think it's a clone lol

Tried to wire it up and ended up setting all the wiring on fire :| WTAF!

That's quite worrying, what if that happened after you'd installed it and it was tucked away inside the car :o

The problem with Trackers these days is that, a professional thief, scans the car for a signal and jams it. But if they just do a quick scan you could fool them by adding a time delay circuit so the tracker only kicks in after about 5 or 10 minutes and hope that after they have done a tracker sweep they don't activate the jamming circuit.

Good point, I didn't think about that. Maybe a well designed tracker could get around this by turning off its transmitter until its GPS detects movement.

How did you set the wiring on fire,i just done my TK-102 on fuse box piggy back hard wire and fine,2 amp fuse.

I had a cheap TK-102 and sent it back and never worked right,got me the same one but u.k and it's A1 £31.99

Also hard wire was only £5 as i had the tracker,built in PCB board protection so when charge is full don't over charge.

I basically wired it up to the light circuit, it wasn't fused though but as I turned it on it just set the whole contents of the box in smoke... It was annoying lol. Even then the lighting itself doesn't pull more amperage so I suspect it was a clone and cheap. Parts (they don't look like the picture) still, what do I expect, I paid 15 quid for it from China.

Moral of the story : Don't be a tight @R$£ :P

• Like 1

I'm way over the top when i wire stuff up as you can see on my pic below.

Connetors with a nice bit of tape on the both,one with clear cable tie is 24/7 tracker.

Other is ignition one for dash cam,nothing gets hot and all running off 2 amp fuses.

Clear cable tie one (24/7 )is in a free fuse hole so nothing runs off it just the tracker.

post-52758-0-79991100-1430407131_thumb.jpost-52758-0-16674600-1430407153_thumb.j

• Like 1

That does the job. I probably should have had a low dose running on this lol

• Like 1

To tell you the truth i aint got a clue why i had one,cheap and another toy to play with i think.

Thinking of taking it out anyway,had it a few months,if it was say a ST or so i would have it done right.

Something on all the while i think i will wake up one day finding a burnt piece of toast lol. and all my doing.

I just want one for the piece of mind. I plan on installing an emergency charger first then plugging the tracker into the battery pack so it's got more power from there in the worst case scenario

Yes i do see your point,just me and wiring don't go together,are these dear to have done in a garage

and do you pay so much a year for live tracking.

I know a lot of trackers now have an ADR card (advanced driver recognition card) that you keep on your person. This activates the trackers signal when the car has move a predetermined distance from the car and starts the gps signal so it can then be tracked. This is probably the system you need to go for to get round the jamming from would be thieving toe rags.

• Like 2

Installation if you provide parts I can't see taking more than half an hour. Heck if you pick where you want it to go and strip it out, it could be a ten minute job.

As for live tracking, I think there's some sites that offer free tracking for personal use. But I haven't got that far yet lol

• Like 1

Installation if you provide parts I can't see taking more than half an hour. Heck if you pick where you want it to go and strip it out, it could be a ten minute job.

As for live tracking, I think there's some sites that offer free tracking for personal use. But I haven't got that far yet lol

lol,you seem to be like me,will have a go.

If i see more smoke from your topic on here i know something aint gone right :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club