Do Not Sell My Personal Information

02 1.8 Cdi Not Much Turbo

Derek Oliver

Having recently done a lot of work to solve poor cold start problems (earlier thread) on a test run it doesn't seem to have the turbo boost I would expect. Not much "go" under 2.5 k RPM.

Watching the turbo actuator while my wife blips the engine I can see it operating. All vac tubes are properly connected and the turbo solenoid reads a sensible ohms value - identical to the EGR one next to it.

No leaks as far As I can see on any of the turbo/intercooler hozes and the EGR valve was cleaned. There are no codes with my hand held reader.

Any thoughts? Derek

My 1.8 TDCi 2006 spools up at 1500 revs. Sounds like there is something definitely wrong. I have blanked off my EGR which helps massively with low down boost.

Thanks Ian - will try a temporary blank; now where did I put that beer can ?

Rather than messing about making a blanking plate I disabled the EGR by taking off the vac pipe and plugging the end. Far better; the turbo starts to show it's mettle from about 1600 revs so that will do. As there is no electrical feedback to the ECM it shouldn't throw up any faults.

Thanks for the lead........Derek

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club