Do Not Sell My Personal Information

STEREO UPDATE!

hammie

TODAY i done the software update today on my fiesta HOPEFULLY itl be fixed now will let yous all know,if you want to know how i did it just ask and ill guide you thro it

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slappyhaze

• TurboZutek

• 10corsham

• irononreverse

TODAY i done the software update today on my fiesta HOPEFULLY itl be fixed now will let yous all know,if you want to know how i did it just ask and ill guide you thro it

Corsham10

Hi

I’d be very pleased to learn of any stereo update... Thanks

I thought the dealer had to do it. Would be interested to hear how you did it and if it worked.

Mine went to the dealer to be updated and nothing worked!

I am now getting a new stereo after my dealer finally agreed mine has a fault.

Mine went to the dealer to be updated and nothing worked!

I am now getting a new stereo after my dealer finally agreed mine has a fault.

Jeez that was ages ago, have you still not got it?

No, they replaced a switch but have now said I can have a new stereo as its still not working properly.

The service manager has been on holiday...no one else bothers!!!

STILL waiting for a reply for my complaint...8 weeks down the line!!

well i work at a dealer and i put it on the computer went to new ids and symtom selectoin and went to audio then Speakers as it wouldnt update when i went thro audio unit

well i work at a dealer and i put it on the computer went to new ids and symtom selectoin and went to audio then speakers as it wouldnt update when i went thro audio unit

I don't understand any of that... :( So did you find the software in the end? Is there any way for us commoners to update it without going to a dealer?

i would think us would need to go to dealer but if they cant find it atleast you can tell them how to get it and i now have BT audio on my menu

Couple of questions pop into my head!

1. Can the firmware be downloaded from IDS as a MULTI.BIN (for burning onto a CD)

2. Is the resultant MULTI.BIN car specific (coded to each and every car)

?

If it's 1. Yes and 2. No then good news as hopefully someone will leak that update into the public domain, where we can just burn it to a CD and do the update ourselves - saving a lot of hassle trying to explain to the dealer what an 'USB' is and how it relates to a 'MP3', while their eyes glaze over.

/hint hint

Chris...

Couple of questions pop into my head!

1. Can the firmware be downloaded from IDS as a MULTI.BIN (for burning onto a CD)

2. Is the resultant MULTI.BIN car specific (coded to each and every car)

?

If it's 1. Yes and 2. No then good news as hopefully someone will leak that update into the public domain, where we can just burn it to a CD and do the update ourselves - saving a lot of hassle trying to explain to the dealer what an 'USB' is and how it relates to a 'MP3', while their eyes glaze over.

/hint hint

Chris...

Corsham10 ...Newbie

Mr Dummy here Now my eyes are glazing over!

Would some member please explain the meaning of the following statements which have arrived at the Forum under 'Stereo Update'.

“well i work at a dealer and i put it on the computer went to new ids and symtom selectoin and went to audio then Speakers as it wouldnt update when i went thro audio unit”

“i would think us would need to go to dealer but if they cant find it atleast you can tell them how to get it and i now have BT audio on my menu”

Furthermore, I do not understand the terms IDS and MULTI.BIN..

Is IDS a site from where I might download a file called MULTI.BIN?

Sorry too be so dim...I was born that way!

IDS is what ford use to plug in to your car and the MULTI.BIN file would be the file that you would burn to a CD that would contain the stereo update.

I think what he was trying to say is that if someone were to get a hold of the file ford use for the stereo update and post it on the Internet we could put it on a CD then hopfully putting it in the stereo it would update it without having to take it to ford.

Although I don't see it working that way. Think you would have to use a system similar to IDS to apply the update

I think what he was trying to say is that if someone were to get a hold of the file ford use for the stereo update and post it on the Internet we could put it on a CD then hopfully putting it in the stereo it would update it without having to take it to ford.

That's EXACTLY it matey - and yes, acording to popular theory - the Visitron unit CAN update its firmware from a CD-R.

But yes, it's possible it can only be done with IDS, as it may require IDS to prepare the file by writing the checksums specific to that vehicle* into the .BIN file, which would make the 'hey, download this one file everyone' approach a lot more difficult**. :(

Chris...

*Probably specific to the eletronic serial number of the stereo itself AND the cars VIN.

** But not impossible.

It's a good theory, and I hope it does work. I don't think ford would go to all the trouble of making every stereo different as getting the file from IDS in the first place would be hard to get away with.

Every ford tech has his/her own use name and password to log into the system and every session is logged so ford can keep an eye on what their techs are doing for 'quality control purposes'

yes, HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK!

Could you get away with logging it as a cd update for a vehicle without USB?

Fingers crossed. Well, everything crossed, and I mean EVERYTHING

yes, HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE WINK WINK!

Could you get away with logging it as a cd update for a vehicle without USB?

Fingers crossed. Well, everything crossed, and I mean EVERYTHING

Hello all Updaters ....I am trying to sort this out!!!

Can I go back to square one!

I am getting my Fiesta in about 3 weeks. How will I be aware that I require a Stereo Update?

If I do need an update will the car have to go back to the dealer?

Will the dealer know what I am talking about?

Is it impossible for me to do an update myself?

Thanks for your patience.

hi

im a bit lost here , what stereo update and what does it update and why?

thanks guys

This is the update to the stereo software that enables the option to stream audio over bluetooth from your phone and fixes the MP3 skipping that some of us experience.

This is the update to the stereo software that enables the option to stream audio over bluetooth from your phone and fixes the MP3 skipping that some of us experience.

Thanks

How is this update applied? Via the dealer or via a CD which you can load into the Audio Unit? I am only concerned with MP3 skipping (not bluetooth)

How is this update applied? Via the dealer or via a CD which you can load into the Audio Unit? I am only concerned with MP3 skipping (not bluetooth)

Word is it can be applied both ways.

In any case, when your car arrives it will have the latest firmware installed anyways so it's not something that YOU personally should have to worry about.

Those people with 'Early Cars' (me being one) however, have got uh, one or two issues with the stereo. Now in an ideal world, the company concerned (Ford) would publicise an updated firmware (via website or mail shot) and the people with issues could get the update.

Except we are dealing with Ford, whose dealer network response range from 'Uh, it's a design feature that MP3s play like crap' to 'what is a car? My house is made of bricks'.

Chris...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club