Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Bumper Repair, What Are My Chances?

PabloPaul

Need to keep the cost down on this damaged bumper so hopefully will be going for a repair instead of replacement but seriously- what are the chances of me repairing this damage? I have no automotive repair experience but I'm fairly good with DIY (sanding/ filling etc) so any tips on this guys and gals? If this is repairable what do I need? I plan on taking the bumper off to repair, if it looks dreadful when done I'll have to bite the bullet and buy a new bumper but fingers crossed I can fix this instead...

post-58204-0-61854200-1430432654_thumb.j

Bah!! Could an admin please edit the title of my thread for me? I have the edit button but it doesn't let me edit the title for some reason...

Edited by Stoney871
Title edited :)

Would probably be cheaper to source a 2nd hand bumper in the same colour to be honest.

Edit: eBay item 261858820112

Not sure if its the same shade?

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply Ade, our car is coloured tonic (metallic) which is a light metallic blue colour- they are as common as muck out on the roads but sourcing a used bumper in that colour is like finding a needle in a haystack. Ford want £400 for a brand new one in that colour and I can buy a primed, ready to paint new one for less than £100 which would be fine but I don't trust myself to paint it well enough, I could respray a small patch/ area but an entire bumper? I would be afraid of cocking it up so haven't tried it yet.

A bodyshop would probably charge around £100 to paint a new bumper.

Euro Car Parts sell insurance approved parts - including rear bumpers.

When I replaced mine the chap at the bodyshop was telling me that the ECP ones were among the best pattern parts he'd come across. And they were reasonably priced.

• Like 1

Tried any scrappys/salvage yards around you

Yeah I spent a couple of days trawling the websites of local (and not so local) scrapyards but, considering the Focus is as common as muck getting a rear bumoer for one in my colour is proving really hard.

So repair of that damage does not look viable then? If not I'll proably go down the primed new bumoer route and pay to have it painted.

Thanks guys, input is much appreciated!

Not repairable with that level of damage

• Like 1

Ok thanks, will gegt a new, primed bumper next week and a few tins of spray, I'm sure there are painting guides on here if I search right?

It's all about layers. Keep the bumper in a warm low humidity out of direct sunlight environment. Otherwise it will blister and go horrible

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club