Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Philips Or Osram

JoeZS19

Hey, looking to get either the Philips xtreme vision or the osram night breaker bulbs. Does any one have these and what do they think to them? (Brightness on the road, whiteness to look at, longevity, etc)

Will also be looking to get the other headlight bulbs and fogs to match.

Sorry if there's already a post on this forum the asking the same question

From what I've seen of the amazon reviews, both work WAY better than regular bulbs but last WAY shorter (which probably isn't a good thing considering how complicated changing headlight bulbs are on cars these days).... but I think the Osram was supposed to be the better bet.

Yeah I've currently got some Halfords ones (not sure on the model but they're brighter and whiter than standard) in my zetec s, but I am looking to change the bulbs when I get my St.

It was a little fiddly changing the bulb but I reckon it will be eaiser now As I've done it before. Hopefully quicker and less cursing to aha

I have the nightbreakers.. Honestly the best £16 I've ever spent! I used to hate night driving but now it's great! Can't comment on the Phillips but either of them would be 1000x better than standard!

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I have the nightbreakers.. Honestly the best £16 I've ever spent! I used to hate night driving but now it's great! Can't comment on the Phillips but either of them would be 1000x better than standard!

The price of the osram is appealing to be honest, have you matched the other bulbs? And got any nighttime pics of the osram?

I have the nightbreakers too, very good - i can recommend.

• Like 1

I can take a pic of the osram tonight on my way home

I can take a pic of the osram tonight on my way home

Thanks bud much appreciated. Looks like it may be the osrams then

I have the nightbreakers too, very good - i can recommend.[/quote

Have you changed any of your other headlight bulbs and fogs to match? What ones did you go for?

I have the NightBreakers for my full beam and fogs and they're brilliant, they turn night into day haha.

I always preferred Nightbreaker Unlimited.

Excellent for motorway use.

To be fair they don't last as long as standard bulbs but the positives far outweigh that.

You will find split opinions on bulbs, in the end it's what you find works for you.

thanks for the input guys, most seem to be recommending the osrams

What sidelight bulbs have people used to match the night breakers and xtreme visions? And can anyone also recommend a good rear number plate bulb that is whiter?

Are these for the ST your getting? If so they don't have front sidelights, they have the LED strip instead.

Number plate bulbs, get some 501 fitment LEDS from eBay.

Yeah for the St bud. Oh right ok then, thanks for letting me know aha. That saves me some money

Are these for the ST your getting? If so they don't have front sidelights, they have the LED strip instead.

Number plate bulbs, get some 501 fitment LEDS from eBay.

Some headlight bulbs come with a pair of upgraded 501 bulbs which can be used for side lights or number plate bulbs. They aren't quite as white as LEDs but have more of an improved OEM look, as opposed to the bright white spot you get with some LEDs that make it hard to read the number plate lol.

I got these numberplate bulbs for my ZS

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=151567443389

Extremely bright and white - especially at night. here's a pic with only one changed for comparison.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByFord OC1430972485.006641.jpg

Look good bud, what are they like quality wise for the £10?

Some headlight bulbs come with a pair of upgraded 501 bulbs which can be used for side lights or number plate bulbs. They aren't quite as white as LEDs but have more of an improved OEM look, as opposed to the bright white spot you get with some LEDs that make it hard to read the number plate lol.

What bulbs have you got Phil? Yeah I looked at led's for the number plate but like you said I don't want a concentrated spot in one place more of an even spread

• Like 1

What bulbs have you got Phil? Yeah I looked at led's for the number plate but like you said I don't want a concentrated spot in one place more of an even spread

Philips CrystalVisions, which came with a pair of 501s to match the whiter colour temp. Like I said not as white as LEDs, but more of an OEM look with a better light spread. I used similar bulbs inside the car too.

I shall hopefully pick up / order some bulbs this weekend.

What sidelight bulbs have people used to match the night breakers and xtreme visions? And can anyone also recommend a good rear number plate bulb that is whiter?

I've just bought a set of these as I find LED side lights just dont last. At least these are road legal and should last a lot longer. As far as headlight bulbs go...ive got standard Bosch ones atm...looking to upgrade to Nightbreakers in the next few weeks....the reviews are mixed but mainly positive! :)

post-65505-143158268986_thumb.jpg

I've just bought a set of these as I find LED side lights just dont last. At least these are road legal and should last a lot longer. As far as headlight bulbs go...ive got standard bosch ones atm...looking to upgrade to Nightbreakers in the next few weeks....the reviews are mixed but mainly positive! :)

Yes those are decent bulbs, I've used them inside the car instead of LEDs. They are just a little bit yellow but will probably match the Nightbreakers.

Yes those are decent bulbs, I've used them inside the car instead of LEDs. They are just a little bit yellow but will probably match the Nightbreakers.

They're more of a white light. Comparing the standard ones with those they are noticably different but not as white as LEDs i would agree!

Ignore the reflection of my sisters gold civic lol. Look at the filaments.

post-65505-143159056518_thumb.jpg

post-65505-143159058932_thumb.jpg

• Like 1