Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Knocking From O/s/f

Nate6874

Hi.

My mondeo seems to have developed a knocking/rattling from the o/s/f, I can feel it through the steering. It's when usually on full lock or when I pull away/drive over uneven surfaces. It's not the driveshaft as I had it replaced recently. I was thinking maybe drop links? What are your thoughts?

Either drop links or tie rod ends!

Easiest thing to do is to get the car jacked up and get someone to help you by violently shaking on the wheel in all directions whilst you have a look under the car for any movement.

Please make sure you use an axle stand though, dont go popping your head under a car that is unsupported!

Definitely the drivers drop link. Where it connects to the anti.roll bar the rubber had completely split through

Nice easy fix then

Got a pair of droppings today, £23 from my local motor factors.

Replaced the knackered drop link. Handles.nicely now, still a little.bit of a niggling rattle hoping that changing the other will eliminate that.

Replaced both drop links, annoying rattle has almost completely gone (though I think the rattle is from the fuel filter in the engine bay rattling around. but have a clunk from n/s/f when I pull away or on full lock.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club