Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.6 Tdci Inlet Manifold Removal And Cleaning

Dee_82

As the title suggests, im looking to give the manifold a good clean, after getting a good look inside its clear the EGR has done its work attempting to destroy the engine.

Ive had a look at etis and the job looks a pig of a job, drain cooling system, remove EGR cooler, then pull off all the fuel lines, return lines and wiring just to get to the manifold.

my question is, has anyone else done this on the 1.6 tdci? and if so, any tips, id rather not disconnected the egr cooler if possible, but im pretter sure it will need unbolted at the very least

Probably an obvious thought but I think unless you are driving on long runs everyday why bother with a diesel.Driving a couple miles to work and pottering around town and the odd trip out doesn't work for me.I would be interested to know how you use your car?

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

its driven several hundred miles a week, needless to say its used properly and not just short runs.

With the EGR blanked off when i got it its not getting ny worse, but it had 50k on the clock then so there is some build up of carbon despsits, there is also quite a bit of oil brought through. I have a catch can installed to remove that from the breather outlet but I want to clean up the manifold to prevent any crap getting sucked in, remove any restrictions and to also help identify any oil leaks in the turbo its self in the future.

hey guys

so I shoved a small usb bore scope in to the inlet manifold and down one of the airways towards the number 4 cylinder.

The camera is pretty poor quality, mostly because there is so much oil an crap inside it builds up real quick on the camera lens.

anyhow, passed down trough the manifold into the engine and got to this

https://www.facebook.com/1573003872986934/videos/vb.1573003872986934/1577201295900525/?type=1&theater

apart from the manifold it doesn't look so bad until I hit that bit.

any ideas? what and where that is!

It looks like a valve of some sort to me.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club