Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fusion 1.4 Tdci Zetec Climate

STONEY61

Hi all,new to forum and especially new to diesel engines.Bought the fusion last week and on the 2nd morning it wouldn`t start,engine trying to turn over but not firing up.After several attempts it spluttered into life and a plume of grey smoke came from the exhaust.Quite a cold morning so i suspect the glow plugs are on the way out ? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks for the advice.same thing happened today on a not so cold morning and bright sunshine,only took three attempts this time but still the white/grey smoke out the exhaust.May book it in to the garage as i`m not that mechanically minded ( especially on a diesel engine ).Battery holding charge and seems fine,either glow plugs or fuel filter a possibility ?

Disconnect any wires or 'busbar' going to the glow plugs so the glowplugs are not connected to anything, get a length of heavy duty wire and connect one end to the positive side of the battery. Flick the other end quickly over each glowplug and they should 'spark'. Any that don't need changed. Quick easy way to check. Just be careful.

(I haven't seen how accessible the glowplugs are on a ford yet but that's how I checked when I had a 1.7 cavalier TD)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club