Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dashboard clocks

m3bobby

Hi chaps, I need some help. My Dash clocks all gave up last week so I did some research and found there was a known problem with them intermittently failing and that the only cure was a £150 repair, New for daft money or second hand from a breaker.

I went the breaker route and bought a set for £20. I checked the part number of my old clocks against the replacements and it was identical so I was happy that they would work. However, when I fitted them I found that the ABS and brake warning lights wouldn't extinguish. I think the doner vehicle must have had ABS and as my vehicle dosn't so its showing a problem as it should. My question is, Can my ford dealer turn off the ABS function on the clocks using the diagnostic connector.

Thanks in advance.

Hi chaps, I need some help. My Dash clocks all gave up last week so I did some research and found there was a known problem with them intermittently failing and that the only cure was a £150 repair, New for daft money or second hand from a breaker.

I went the breaker route and bought a set for £20. I checked the part number of my old clocks against the replacements and it was identical so I was happy that they would work. However, when I fitted them I found that the ABS and brake warning lights wouldn't extinguish. I think the doner vehicle must have had ABS and as my vehicle dosn't so its showing a problem as it should. My question is, Can my ford dealer turn off the ABS function on the clocks using the diagnostic connector.

Thanks in advance.

take out the bulbs if you havent got got abs on your car ;)

take out the bulbs if you havent got got abs on your car ;)

Thats what I was going to do, then I found they were LEDs not bulbs! Never mind, I thought, I'll take the dial cover off and put a piece of insulation tape over the LED. Hey presto, no more ABS light. Then I decided to have a drive around the block and when I released the hand brake, the light stayed on too. I then realised that the ABS is linked in with the Hand brake warning light, bugger, I dont want to blank that off as it also warns of a brake system failure and low fluid!

Thats what I was going to do, then I found they were LEDs not bulbs! Never mind, I thought, I'll take the dial cover off and put a piece of insulation tape over the LED. Hey presto, no more ABS light. Then I decided to have a drive around the block and when I released the hand brake, the light stayed on too. I then realised that the ABS is linked in with the Hand brake warning light, bugger, I dont want to blank that off as it also warns of a brake system failure and low fluid!

ive heard that if you buy clocks from a breaker

the have to be the same as your clocks (ie)1.8 lx petrol you have to get the same 1.8 lx petrol

or it can stuff up your engine mangment. this i think is were you have problems

i think the numbers on all clock match all which ever car you get them from

hope this helps ;)

you can get new ones from ford for £99.00 it was on whatch dog about them going worng

ive heard that if you buy clocks from a breaker

the have to be the same as your clocks (ie)1.8 lx petrol you have to get the same 1.8 lx petrol

or it can stuff up your engine mangment. this i think is were you have problems

i think the numbers on all clock match all which ever car you get them from

hope this helps ;)

you can get new ones from ford for £99.00 it was on whatch dog about them going worng

Hi

It was me who told you that if you remeber.

So for example

Once the cluster has been programed for a 1.6l it will only go into 1.6l's I think that Ford can only program new ones and they carnt reprogram old ones.

So m3bobby this is why you are having all these problems. As dezwez says it has stuffed up your engine management. The number on the cluster is just a reference number for ordering.

Hi

It was me who told you that if you remeber.

So for example

Once the cluster has been programed for a 1.6l it will only go into 1.6l's I think that Ford can only program new ones and they carnt reprogram old ones.

So m3bobby this is why you are having all these problems. As dezwez says it has stuffed up your engine management. The number on the cluster is just a reference number for ordering.

I have recently had this problem with the clocks on my 03 tdci guages going mad engine management light coming on milage dissapearing.i took it apart cleaned it out as mentioned on internet and it came back to life although the speedo occasionaly sticks at 60/70 mph though all other guages work now with no warning lights so its almost fixed.ford customer services told me "the deal is off to get them fixed for £99 now and would have to pay full price to have them sorted now"I rang my local dealer in plymouth explained about watchdog programme and having this problem she replied thats no problem and booked it in for a replacement in just over a week doesnt need a £75 check to see if its the clocks just turn up leave car they fit new clocks i pay £99 only its gotta be worth it to buy new and you get a warranty on the clocks and stamp in book explaing the change in milage.get a new set save on the stresses of other peoples problems m8

Thanks for the replies guys, the dials I got from the breakers came out of a 03 focus TDCI 115 and my car is also a 03 TDCI 115. I think I'll visit the ford dealer because there must be a electronic way of turnig off the ABS system. I looked at my original clocks and they also have the abs diode only it was never used.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club