Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cmax 2L Tdci Engine Fan Error P0691

Swisstonihasher

Hi all. Already done some leg work on this and know p0691 relates to fan and its leak to earth. Just checking my math on this really...when disconnected module plug. Doing ohms test on that plug i get a reading between the positive and negative connectors. That means it open circuit and will be causing a drain correct? Need replace module?

that sounds correct to me! I would say a new module is a good starting point, but get a used one from a breaker or something to keep the cost down and the OEM product.

There has been a recall for the fan wiring on the c max, the build up of road salt causes fire but if this is the problem be careful as some other people have had this fixed but came out of fords with other problems which fords aren't prepared to look at.

Funny enough i had the fix but not sure if had p0691 code before then, dont remember seeing it before. It.kinda means the fix isnt a fix.as its my actual.module thats leaking live to earth and the could cause the wires to over heat if im not mistaken? My dealer wont touch it without me payin 100s so trying 2nd hand module.

Okay really peev with car now. 2nd hand fan and module...fitted. reset pcm and went for run only for fault to reappear. P0691. Relay has been changed with matching horn relay so what the hell else can it be? Odd thing is fan works, switch air con on and shes blowing like she should. Confused.com

sounds to me like its probably bad wiring

• Like 1

I was reading another discussion on this, kept on about the purple wire having corrosion. Any ideas where the loom sits in water, where exactly that point is? So say this causes the issue.

Not sure where tour referring to.

Reading another topic with same fault but from a ford mechanic (paid for advice), said there's a location where the cabling comes out of the PCM (I now know its in the wing, pass side), between that and the connector for the fan module, the loom can sit in water puddles after its been washed or it rains and this causes corrosion? I'm going to remove the headlight and check what I can tomorrow morning, trace this purple cable back. I still wonder if my P0380 error which also relates to circuit issue but glow plug system could be the same set of cabling causing the issue?

Think the purple wire your refering to is blue on yours.the wire may be corroded but not broken as you say fan still works.

Yup that's the one, although I'm sure it looks purple. I'll look at it sat am...I'm hoping I can just put another cable along side it.

Okay plot thickens, decided to remove the recall cabling connectors so fan back as original wiring and wow! The P0691 error has gone and hasn't come back. Yet to see if my starting issue comes back but doesn't seem to be any extra drain on the battery having the wiring back as it was. I checked all of the loom I could, the cabling is in really good condition and no sign of corrosion.