Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Code Generator Website Recommendation?

Robbie_Boy

Sorry for digging up the old "radio code" issue, it seems the one written in my manual is not the right one! I'm assuming the dealer or a.n.other got the manual swapped with another car, cant think why else it wouldn't work (I did a battery disconnect after the CDs got stuck, they're out now...but now the whole thing is locked!!).

I've just been searching for online code tools and they all seem a bit... er... dodgy... understandably you have to pay before you get the code but does anyone have one they know works?

Also; I want to check I have my serial# correct as the one I tried didn't work! I thought the last 7 digits from the number below were the code but this didnt work on radio-code.co.uk

I held numbers 1 and 6 together to scroll through and get the serial number; SOCD6X7V020739

Its a Sony 6CD changer from a 2008 Mondeo Titanium

Anyone got any suggestions?

bet bet is eBay or your local dealer, the last 7 digits is what you need for the code to be generated.

all the code generators on the internet are for the old m codes and earlier

• Like 1

Your serial is indeed the bit beginning with V.

eBay codes are pretty good or else it's a Dealer job.

If it is the original radio in the car, I should imagine the dealer should retrieve it for free if your hand book has been mixed up, if not the last time I went in it was £10

Car sales companies have the habit of throwing random handbooks in with cars.

I had the same with my previous car.

eBay helped me there, seller emailed me the code and sent it on a bit of card by post as well.

M code creators are readily available as it's generated from the serial number but V codes are recorded on a database that Ford maintain.

• Like 1

All good info guys, thanks for the replies. I now understand why there's a difference between retrieving the M codes and the V codes. Just a remarkable coincidence that the one you want is always the more expensive one!!!

My "dealer" was a generic second hand dealer and it was almost a year ago so my chances of getting it off him are slim, I'll give it a go though.

Just to follow up; I took the advice and looked on eBay. Went with one of the cheapest sellers with good feedback and now have a working radio, cost me just over £5! Thanks for the advice!

• Like 2

that is a decent result.

I would be interested if you would PM me with the sellers details. I will then discuss with management if we can share this online as a recommended, as we do not normally distribute codes, nor point someone directly to them!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club