Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Zetec 1Ltr 100 Bhp Ecoboost

pragmatix

Thinking of getting one , what's the real life on these are they as good as the saleman says? Problems? Real mpg?

Nippy round town when pushed.

Decent MPG on a run.

Turbo makes it quick off the mark - but that's addictive and so this hampers MPG.

Bit sluggish up hills.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Pauly is about right with his summary. I'd say it is fun to drive and certainly nimble in the city. For longer runs it is good but no Merc, I live in central Europe so recently did a 2x250km trek mainly on the German autobahn. It can easily handle itself, even overtaking EXCEPT when going up hill! You also need to work the gears a bit at times to get good performance. At 150kmh (about 90mph) things go down hill a little, vibration and handling drop. That said I easily hit 140 without really noticing. However at UK speeds so 110kmh the car is composed, smooth and handles itself well. It is also surprisingly quiet. Interior plastics can feel a bit low quality in parts but are ok for this kind of car.

Fuel wise you will get nowhere near what is promised and there are plenty of discussions on that issue here already. That said I am pretty happy with how cheap it is to run and as a result have done some lengthy trips to different countries - certainly far less than similar train tickets. If you sit constantly at UK speed limits then you get pretty good fuel economy (50mpg plus) . Even on my recent autobahn run it still returned about 45mpg which is OK but that did include some autobahn level speeds.

The car feels really connected to the road and is easy to handle but remains comfortable however for longer trips it can feel a little tiring at times. That said I would recommend one. Also if you can get an extended warranty for a good price or thrown in go for that as it basically means get get something similar to those Korean car makers :) If reliability is really important to you check out the English language version of the German ADAC reliability stats at: http://www.anusedcar.com/ . The servicing costs here can seem a little high given that it is basically an oil change etc but you need to do that to keep the warranty.

I looked at many cars in this class and in 2014 this particular Fiesta won it for me. If you want to try the worst first take a low powered Citreon C3 automatic for a test drive :)

You should get around 40 mpg. 50+ on long runs.

You'll find the gears odd to begin with but get used to them. Ie. Town driving you might find you stay in 3rd.

• Like 1

A think the 100ps you get about 46odd on daily

The 125ps one does around 43ish on daily driving lol

Great car and engine

A go to 4th at 30mph but 32mph a do 5th gear :p depends on how steep the hill is lol bluefin will sort that shortly :p

32 in 5th? I couldn't attempt that in mine, for one thing there's no turbo down there, secondly mine would labour itself to death.

Unless you're going downhill with your foot off.

Mine not too happy with 5th til 50

32 in 5th? I couldn't attempt that in mine, for one thing there's no turbo down there, secondly mine would labour itself to death.

Unless you're going downhill with your foot off.

Mine works perfectly fine at 32-35

No labouring either can go up tiny inclines (i mean tiny) level or downhill a mostly spend time in 4th from 25mph if I'm cruising upto 32

I know there isn't any turbo there that's why it saves petrol mate

This is when I'm driving at work to save petrol average 45mpg

But when I'm off work a don't drive like that lol and then hybrids down to 33-37mpg :p

Mine not too happy with 5th til 50

Aright mate give example

On the mwell road (going to Bhill) it loves the 40mph up that hill

On the Bhill road (going to mwell) the 30mph zone it loves 32mph there

I've been on the motorway driving along in 5th. Traffic gets busy and speed of everyone drops to 50. If it drops slightly more say 48, I feel it needs dropping to 4th.

It would pull out it but I can feel a slight labor.

Great little car - I love my 1.0 100hp engine, enough punch and power for me. Economy can swing quite a lot, but unless you drive 150kmh on the highway for 3 hours straight you should be alright.

My wife is from Hungary, and we live in Denmark (I'm danish) so a couple of times a year we drive from Denmark to Hungary (around 1600km) and i think the car is quite comfortable, even at long trips, as said earlier, its no Mercedes, and no where near as comfortable and refined (my father in law has a S-class, I cant quite live up to that! :D) but still, i think it does it quite well.

About the fuel economy, you wont get to the official figures (as with all cars) my experience is that on highway driving around 120-130kmh i usually get around 43-47MPG, just checked my trip counter now, and lol - it has never been this low before - its currently 51MPG - since i last reset the counter i have only used the car around town and on country roads.

All in all, i am really happy with my car - only wish a had chosen a bit more tech, but its a bit pricey on my country, so my budget wasn't for £2000 worth of extra equipment at that moment (as i already paid around £14000 for the car).

Thanks all, seems it's very good for a small car, seems driving styles effect its performance, so no mechanical issues then?

Thanks all, seems it's very good for a small car, seems driving styles effect its performance, so no mechanical issues then?

Haven't had anything wrong with it at all - had mine for around 1½ year.

Ive had mine for a year, no problems whatsover. Great engine and handling.

Average around 42mpg around town, got 58 on a long run :)

No no mechanical issues so far. The only slight niggle has been the ignition key which can at times seems a bit sticky when put in put otherwise (ignoring my initially new driver issues) the car has started first time without any problem and has never broken down. Also Ford offers a comprehensive roadside assistance program if you take your car in for a service each year. The deal is very good, overall the net cost of the service to me is €80 more than the joining the equivalent of the AA, so I'd say its good value.