Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Deflation Warning.

ChrisH

Hi

This warning came on a few weeks ago. Checked tyres and one was down. Pumped it up, and reset the system, and all finer for a couple of weeks, and it came on again, and same tyre down. turns out it was a nail in the tyre. It was replaced, and I reset the system, but 5 days later error came back. Checked tyre pressures and all OK, Fronts both at 35, rear nearside 33, and the new tyre, rear offside, 36. I reset the system, and its has not come back yet (3 days ago). Has anyone elses done this??

Also a few weeks ago, noticed the engine fan was on, when I was parking up. It went off when engine switched off, was heard to slowly spin down. Never heard it since until today, same thing, seemed to be on after I had parked up. Both occasions engine at normal operating temperature. Didnt do it again all day. I thought engine fans only came on when engine starting to overheat. I have never seen it past halfway, its always sat a just below halfway once engine warmed up. Its a 2.0TDCI titanium, with the powershift auto box.

Hi nothing to worry about it the dpf regeneration my does the same

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

it sounds like it might be a sensor issue. I believe on the CMAX it uses the ABS system to detect a change in wheel rotation to identify a lower tyre. As such if your having issues with that sensor, it may be the reason for the error. have you done any error scans and checked for any issues with the ABS System?

Thanks. Had the car since December. Never seen this issue until I got this nail in a rear tyre. Since I reset last friday, not seen since. How do I check for codes in the new cmax. Is there a way like on the focus. Can it still be done with the power start button. I presume you agree with the premise that the fan is the dpf regeneration. I am surprised at that as the car is predominantly used for motorway runs.

Agreed with the fan it certainly sounds like it.

As for the trick yep it is a case of pressing and holding the ok button on the steering wheel.

And passive regeneration pretty much happens constantly it's not a case of heat up and forget for a few thousand miles

Thanks Jeebo. No codes at all, and it seems to have settled. Maybe it was the new tyre settling in??

Quite possibly!