Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O/T Gym

poohbear

Someone give me inspiration to go to the gym...

Please....

Why do you need to go Emily ?? I wouldn't go to any of them.just get your trainers on,a bottle of water,and go for a run,jog,walk,fresh air......... not sweaty bodies......and the money you save can go for your accessories on the fezzi

I joined last Sept saying I would go EVERY DAY! I don't have time when I'm working,and have been a grand total of twice this summer holidays!!! You cant cancel until 12 months membership, will be cancelling in Sept as I never go.

Would love to be skinny and fit and muscly...but it aint ever gonna happen I dont think :(

Would love to be skinny and fit and muscly...but it aint ever gonna happen I dont think :(

So would I,except the muscle bit,.I did my usual roadwork this morning around 5.30 am now the suns up and nice and warm,its into the garden shortly with the sunbed and the bikini.....well,the bottom half at least......... :P

Kristal!!!!! :o The men will get excited!!!!!!! :P

Dont think so...........both my neighbours on one side are women on their own like me,and both out.

my neighbour and his wife on the otherside are both out also,my garden backs on to open fields,

and I have 6' fences on both sides,although I did have a helicopter come over the other day,quite low,must gave seen me in the garden,he went round THREE times each one lower that the last can you imagine what would have been said if he had crashed.................sorry about the 'copter.....I was oggling some topless blonde........he he he

I joined last Sept saying I would go EVERY DAY! I don't have time when I'm working,and have been a grand total of twice this summer holidays!!! You cant cancel until 12 months membership, will be cancelling in Sept as I never go.

You just need to get into the routine of it and not set yourself targets that are too demanding or you will fail and then stop going again.

Having said that, I have to do Monday - Friday and make it a my routine or if I miss one day then I can write off the entire week. It does make me feel so much better tho getting up and getting down there for 7am for an hours worth of either cardio or weight training and it also keeps me off the !Removed! and makes me look, even if I do say so myself, damned hot for a 44 year old!!

The only advice I can offer is never used Fitness First. They're the worst gym ever.

They lied about my contract, wouldn't let me cancel. Then when my contract was up and I'd cancelled my direct debit (bearing in mind I'd also visited the gym and signed the relevant forms with a member of staff) they sent letters threatening me with debt collectors.

Worst company I've ever dealt with. Period.

I often find that asking those around you to refer to you as 'Fatty' often gets you working out on a regular basis. It's somewhat disturbing how readily people are willing to agree to call you that though :P Worked for me!

Hahahaha

Well I went.

Be proud!!!!!

Did 20 minute hill climb on treadmill, 5 minutes on the bikes and then swam for about an hour (or was that sitting in the spa/sauna/steam room for an hour?!)

Hahahaha

Well I went.

Be proud!!!!!

Did 20 minute hill climb on treadmill, 5 minutes on the bikes and then swam for about an hour (or was that sitting in the spa/sauna/steam room for an hour?!)

Good girl Em

Good girl Em! Its alright for you cos your still young and body can change a lot easier than when you get to your 40s and it takes a lot longer. I've been with Fitness first for years. I go 2-3 times a week. 1/2 hour x trainer, 1/2 - 1 hour walking uphill on the treadmill and a slow bike ride. I've recently got into the rowing machine which i'm quite enjoying. In the winter months, i'll be in training for the Playtex Moonwalk in May. I prefer to walk outside. I really enjoy that. You just have to tell yourself, if you dont it, no one else is going to. It might not have moved much weight (cos my eating habits havent changed much) but it keeps the weight down and I'm a lot fitter than I used to be.

Move it to lose it :)

Hahahaha

Well I went.

Be proud!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS - and now all you have to do is go again, maybe 3 times per week?

Good girl Em! Its alright for you cos your still young and body can change a lot easier than when you get to your 40s and it takes a lot longer. I've been with Fitness first for years. I go 2-3 times a week. 1/2 hour x trainer, 1/2 - 1 hour walking uphill on the treadmill and a slow bike ride. I've recently got into the rowing machine which i'm quite enjoying. In the winter months, i'll be in training for the Playtex Moonwalk in May. I prefer to walk outside. I really enjoy that. You just have to tell yourself, if you dont it, no one else is going to. It might not have moved much weight (cos my eating habits havent changed much) but it keeps the weight down and I'm a lot fitter than I used to be.

Move it to lose it :)

Couldn't have put better myself!

And don't forget - DON'T judge how you are doing on your weight alone as the more you train the more muscle you will build and that weighs more than fat. And also the more muscle you have the more calories you burn per day even when you are not exercising.

I would suggest taking measurements of your body - hips, waist, thighs, arms, etc and also get someone to take pictures of you in just your underwear. Then, after 6, 12, 18, etc. weeks, get the same measurements/pictures done and you will then be able to see the difference and that'll act as an incentive for you too

I ACHE EVERYWHERE......................................................................

........I CAN BARELY WALK.

I ACHE EVERYWHERE......................................................................

........I CAN BARELY WALK.

I lost post workout ache - you need to make sure you stretch out properly and regularly to help with that

Couldn't have put better myself!

And don't forget - DON'T judge how you are doing on your weight alone as the more you train the more muscle you will build and that weighs more than fat. And also the more muscle you have the more calories you burn per day even when you are not exercising.

I would suggest taking measurements of your body - hips, waist, thighs, arms, etc and also get someone to take pictures of you in just your underwear. Then, after 6, 12, 18, etc. weeks, get the same measurements/pictures done and you will then be able to see the difference and that'll act as an incentive for you too

Believe you me ... no one wants a picture of me in my underwear!!!

*shudders* - noooo :P

But it might be a good incentive to keep you going when you see yourself as others see you. When I am finding it hard to get out of bed at 6:15 to get to the gym I just need to be photographed after a night out to re-kindle the "oh my god I am turning into a weeble" and get me back to it!

Don't put yourself down! Your boyfriend loves you as you are so there is no harm in a little self improvement :)

Its all for the good of Emily! Your body is a temple, Worship it!

Now if only I could apply some of those rules myself. :lol:

It is hard work but as you know, the best things and most rewarding things are the things you worked hard for and not what is just given to you. You don't have to wake at 6.15am (Paul :P ) to do it. Just to make it regular. I don't always feel like going gym, but I drag my ar*e there cos no one else is going to do it. Once there I set the time for 10 mins and then I get a surge of energy and before I know it I've upped the level and I've done 40 mins! Every little bit helps. Find something you enjoy doing (I really like walking) and just do it.

Dont think so...........both my neighbours on one side are women on their own like me,and both out.

my neighbour and his wife on the otherside are both out also,my garden backs on to open fields,

and I have 6' fences on both sides,although I did have a helicopter come over the other day,quite low,must gave seen me in the garden,he went round THREE times each one lower that the last can you imagine what would have been said if he had crashed.................sorry about the 'copter.....I was oggling some topless blonde........he he he

Hang on a minute.......that was you down there was it?

I'll just circle round again and land........then we can have that discussion which begins with your Lotus Cortina and my RS turbo......................... :P :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club