Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Swapping Out Ecu

pullark

Hi All,

I have a 2001 Ford Ka with 1.3 Endura engine. I think I may have a faulty ECU. Can I replace the ECU unit only (from the same model) without having to change transponders etc?

Hope someone out there knows something about this.

Cheers

you will have to have it remapped or atleat the keys remapped to link it up and to link the immobilser up

Thanks for the advice Delboy. OK, so it's not just a matter of installing a replacement ECU. When you say remap I assume this means the new ECU needs to communicate with the ignition key and also turn off the immobiliser? Would I need to take the key and ECU to a ford dealer/stealer or are there other options?

Cheers

try fitting the ecu then put your master key in and see what happens as it may start the car if your new

ecu is the same as the old one ie same serial number etc.if nothing then phone a mobile electrician

yes remap is so the ecu links with the key etc but you get lucky if you fit the ecu & give it a try ??

the better answer is more likely to send the ECU off for repairs, cheaper, keys the PATS system in one piece and hopefully gets it perfect and gives you a warranty.

the way they usually repair a ecu is you send your old one and they send you a reconditioned one then fix your one for their next customer.

try this site as it looks like a lot of people reccommend them

http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club