Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

The Gardening Thread

laumk7

For those of us who can mellow out and enjoy the garden delights I'd thought I'd come up with this after all the likes and don't likes threads. I'll start:

My garden after I'd be the first to admit years of neglect is starting to get there now, the old chain link and post fence on one side was replaced by a nice sturdy featheredge fence and the old turf (80% moss, 10% weeds, 10% grass) is being lifting out as I speak - by hand, by me

In its place is going to be fresh lawn, laid from seed (it's very shady, and I'm yet to find turf for shady areas not at silly prices) and some nice raised beds with flowers, herbs and shrubs

The local bird population is already helping with the worms, snails and caterpillars - it's amazing how close they get when there's fresh pickings to be had

I never thought in a million years I'd enjoy gardening, but the results are pretty instant which suits me down to the ground

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

I love my garden, I hate mowing the lawn and weeding but the rest is pretty relaxing and therapeutic tbh. don't over do it like I have done though, take your time otherwise you'll end with nothing to do but maintenance work.

Little trees are the way forward, got some nice Japanese Maples in various colours at the moment, planted a few years back and they are growing nicely, probably suffering in this hurricane we are having at the moment.

Do you have a dog at all? need to be careful of bed plants and dog ...... for fear of ban can ruin them and kill the growth, not very hardy.

really wanted an Olive tree but they are like £600 for a decent size at the moment.

Yeh we've got a dog, and two cats, fortunately though they're house cats. Tbh I hadn't thought of that with the beds, I'd better get looking up the plants to avoid as well too :unsure:

Olive trees do look lovely, they keep doing the ornamentals in of all places our local Tesco, but they are quite thin and wiry, I know what you mean you want something substantial so it doesn't die off at the first sign of frost

The gardens here are going to take an age to sort out where they've been left (not just by us, but by the elderly lady who lived here before us), I've planned it all into 5 sections lol then as you say it's upkeep

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

We like gardening too.

A few pics.

post-61943-0-22256600-1430926727_thumb.j

post-61943-0-23799700-1430926821_thumb.j

post-61943-0-75806500-1430926953_thumb.j

• Like 1

That looks lovely :d I can only imagine the hard graft taken to get to that stage

It's backbreaking but so beneficial

Any fish in your pond? My in laws have a deep pond with goldfish (10"+ pond size) in, and the sods have started breeding in there lol

Thanks Laurie - yes . . just a few years toil . . ! we had Koi & goldfish in the pond - sold that property in West Sussex when we moved to the Castle here in South west Wales & are gradually re - creating a similar layout.

• Like 1

Heres a picture of my garden...

Jungle-Forest-HD-Wallpapers-Photos-Downl

Bit overgrown there James, reminds me a little of mine :lol:

• Like 1

That's just what's laying on the floor. I don't dare point the camera up lol

I'm no gardener........

but I appreciate a neatly trimmed bush! ;) :)

• Like 3

Dirty bit.......

The only thing that grows in my garden is weeds

(Please note the S - for the plural, I'm talking dandelions and what not lol)

Sure sure

What about the poppy seeds...?

Sure sure

What about the poppy seeds...?

The red ones in support of the RBL ;)

Nope...they don't grow either lol

of course the red ones in support of RBL 8-)

my garden is very uneven, half concrete, half grass and its just a mess at the best of times. We rent, but if I owned the place, I would rip it all up and have it mostly lawn.

I don't do much with our garden, mostly cutting the grass and the odd bit of pruning I tend to spend my time in our orchard. I've recently started working on an area of wild flowers in our old veg patch.

As for cutting the grass I do enjoy it :D

IMAG0397_1_zps4rziesew.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club