Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Service Types

screamer

My dad has not long had a 4 years service from AC, he's been told it need spark plugs & and air filter due to their age for replacement at our cost

just wondering what year of a service (2nd, 3rd, 4th etc) do Ford recommend for these to be replaced

cause i think we'll be back complaining saying AC are not servicing to Fords standard, as they did the 3rd year as well. Just need to get my facts right first before we go back in.

also, after 6 months and about 500 miles later they say all 4 brake discs & pads are advised to be replaced, the car has only done 12k

Check ford etis that will tell you what you need to know for the services. Yes air filters and plugs will need to be replaced at some point in the life of the car. But as I'm aware an air filter should be changed every year included in the service. The brakes may need doing due to the low mileage as the car being stood to long can cause the discs to corrode and if your getting new discs then you need new pads as well. As you should never just replace discs without doing the pads.

I've just checked on my car and the plugs should be done on the 3 year service so yes your plugs should be replaced if they haven't already. I can't find anything about the air filter on my car.

thanks Steven,

can't check on ford etis, as i don't have it.

this will at least give us some info to go back to AC and say you are not servicing the car to Ford's schedule.

as for the brake disc's, they are not pitted as what you'd expect with not much miles, rusting up then getting used, they are scored through use

You can check ford etis as its a website just type ford etis UK in Google. Then you just enter the vehicle reg or chassis number and it brings up everything about that car. All garages will try to up sell as that's how the service advisers make there bonus. Check etis on what should be done and take a print out with you as they shouldn't charge extra for work that's done in the service costs.

• Like 1

You can check ford etis as its a website just type ford etis UK in Google. Then you just enter the vehicle reg or chassis number and it brings up everything about that car. All garages will try to up sell as that's how the service advisers make there bonus. Check etis on what should be done and take a print out with you as they shouldn't charge extra for work that's done in the service costs.

cheers, i thought it was a log in site, just saved the 3 year & 4 year service schedules, i'm away offshore tomorrow so i'll email my brother, who's better at questioning the service guys then me lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club