Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Production

manny102968

HEllo to everyone my car is in production now and the dealer gave me the vin number. Is there any chance of monitoring the progress of it. I'm getting excited every day thanks

No as I'm aware only the dealer can see what stage of the build the car is at.

You can't really monitor it, but you can check it on ETIS, and see the build info.

The build date is usually the projected one and will keep moving until it is actually complete.

Surely they build it in a day don't they? Toyota build the Auris in 58mins.

Mine took a couple of days to go through, at least on the dealer's system.

I don't think they can paint and finish in a day can they?

Toyota can, but then they do churn out more cars than anyone else in the world, way more than Ford.

I'm actually going to Japan in October, would love to be able to visit the factory, we're in Nagoya for a few nights at the start of November, perhaps if I ask the wife nicely it will be ok?!

Google suggests the average time is 18hrs, however in the UK it's probably longer due to !Removed! breaks, having a spotter ( can't work without someone to watch you right?), ball scratching etc.

Thanks for the info guy's can't wait for the delivery date. 😊

What you ordered mate

I watched a show recently about Fords F150 plant over in yanksville, they knock out astonishing numbers of cars, I think they were knocking thousands out a week!

58 minutes? What they hanging about at, lol

Although I think it means they have one finished and ready to go out the door in 86 seconds.

Toyota can, but then they do churn out more cars than anyone else in the world, way more than Ford.

I'm actually going to Japan in October, would love to be able to visit the factory, we're in Nagoya for a few nights at the start of November, perhaps if I ask the wife nicely it will be ok?!

Google suggests the average time is 18hrs, however in the UK it's probably longer due to !Removed! breaks, having a spotter ( can't work without someone to watch you right?), ball scratching etc.

It would probably take Ford a long time to build a car here in the UK, only a few mass produced cars are built here and they'll be as efficient as their home country.

Wouldn't let me link to the YouTube vid, "how to make a fiesta in 86 seconds"

That's why Toyota are always recalling their cars

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

Ford_man I ordered a zetec s with navigation and street pack in deep impact blue. I got a triple r splitter sit in the corner of my living room waiting for my new car to arrive.the first mod I am going to do with it.and then a bluetooth reversing camera 😊

• Like 1

I'd seriously like to see how Toyota claim to build a car in 58 minutes! Exactly what do they define as the start and end points for this?

Speaking with a lot of experience here, generally the speed at which cars come off the line at a factory is determined by the complexity of the build and how much labour they throw at the assembly lines. Certain tasks can be automated especially in body construction but once you get into Trim & Final, i.e. after paintshop then the processes soon become too small and fiddly for automation to help, or the systems don't justify the investment cost compared to manual labour. Running more than 1 production line will increase the factory output and obviously double build frequency but this introduces a massive extra cost and would need capacity in the whole plant to be able to support - it's not much use if you double the capacity of Trim & Final then continually suck your paintshop and bodyshop dry of bodies then have to stop while they catch up again.

If you were to say Toyota can build a car in 58 seconds then I can see that - line speeds of that order are achieveable but not 58 minutes to build the car. That 58 seconds would be better described as build frequency in truth.

As comparison JLR Evoque/Disco Sport runs 80s line speed, with approx 190 build stations on their main line gives in theory 4.22 hours to build. But then there are stock buffers to account for plus break times you're easily looking at around 6 hours and that's purely going from raw painted body to a running car on it's wheels, not a fully built, tested and sold car.

They don't refer to a full car being built in that time. What they refer to is a new car rolls off the production line every 58 minutes, or at least that is the only feasible answer.

They don't refer to a full car being built in that time. What they refer to is a new car rolls off the production line every 58 minutes, or at least that is the only feasible answer.

Lets hope they mean 58 seconds or going to watch the factory production line in action will be like watching paint dry but more boring ;)

19 more days to go....my new zetec s 😊

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club