Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Pump

Shorty7589

Hi all, I have just purchased a 53 plate mondeo Zetec S Tdci 130, the lad I got it from said he had a problem with it going into limp mode and the glow plug light flashing, he then had all new injectors fitted but still the same so he got a second hand diesel pump and fitted that and now it won't start at all, he said the pump needs coding to the car or something OR the used pump he got was faulty, Iam hopeing someone on here can shed a little light on where I should start as the car itself is in outstanding condition just this problem to overcome so any help/info would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan.

yep he correct, pump will need programming to ecu

How hard a job is it?

Does it HAVE to the dealers that do it?

Thanks

Dan.

I thought the tdci's did not require recoding etc??

I thought the tdci's did not require recoding etc??

your right, was thinking of the tddi,

Are you able to retrive any trouble codes out of ecu with a code reader? That may narrow down whats going on.

I will have a look in the morning and be back in touch thanks for the help so far.

Tried to plug diagnostic machine but kept coming up error linking!! X

Which code reader are you using?

Diesel's weren't OBD II compliant until 2004 so you may need to use a Ford specific tool/software like Forscan.

Which code reader are you using?

Diesel's weren't OBD II compliant until 2004 so you may need to use a Ford specific tool/software like Forscan.

and the F-Super cable!

I have ordered the Ford F Super tool just waiting on delivery then give that a go, my other one was the obd11.

Thanks

Dan

yeah it was pot luck as to whether your car was OBD I or II but the F Super is pretty good.

Is it possible to code/program the pump and injectors on my 2003 MK3 Mondeo 2.0 Tdci 130?

If so how much of a job is it and where do i start?

I think you can on Elm Config at least program the injectors, though if memory serves correct you can code the injectors on Formidable, not sure about the pump though.

I think you can on Elm Config at least program the injectors, though if memory serves correct you can code the injectors on Formidable, not sure about the pump though.

Are these software i can download on my laptop or do i have to buy?

Thanks

free to download! go to the Focus Guides section, and there is a long guide on how to use ELM Config, later versions of the software available to download are in english, also formidable is available freely also.

I have just bought a 2003 mondeo tdci 130, it requires the injectors codeing, I bought an F Super with formidable v2.03 and I also bought an ELM327 with Forscan, I have tried to use both and the only thing I have been able to do is code number 1 injector, the codes I put into the other 3 don't seem to save only number 1, even though it says programming successful at the end, it's running really lumpy and I'm hopeing once injectors are coded properly it will be fine, any help or advice would be great on this.

Thank You

Dan.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club